How are they not showing US/Korea live on TV? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How are they not showing US/Korea live on TV?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:59 am

I suspect they accomplish it by not turning the transmitters on.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:06 am

Is it unpatriotic for me to say i REALLY hope USA doesn't win the WBC?
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 am

Thursday wrote:Is it unpatriotic for me to say i REALLY hope USA doesn't win the WBC?

As far as I would be concerned, I would file a US victory right below the victory of Henry V over the French at the battle of Ashingcourt (sp?) in importance to my daily life.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nuggets » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Thursday wrote:Is it unpatriotic for me to say i REALLY hope USA doesn't win the WBC?

As far as I would be concerned, I would file a US victory right below the victory of Henry V over the French at the battle of Ashingcourt (sp?) in importance to my daily life.

Agincourt.

I'm not sure how important that battle really is to you?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:24 am

I'm on board with you on this. First of all Team USA does not deserve to win the WBC. They're not playing with any heart and treating it like another spring training game. The earlier Team USA gets bounced the better. Secondly, id rather see these players doing what they get paid millions to do, play for their clubs. Third, seriously Al Leiter? You have Al Leiter on a Team USA roster, ridiculous.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:25 am

Calling it unpatriotic is a bit of a stretch, but if you're an American why would you root against the USA?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:04 am

nuggets wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Agincourt.

I'm not sure how important that battle really is to you?

For one thing, it's not out of the question that we'd be speaking French if it weren't for Hank!! "Bienvenue au Café du Baseball Fantastique" 8-o :-D

Perhaps the Expos might have stayed in Montreal? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:59 am

Not really. First of all, it's only baseball. Not a war. Second of all, as most people stated, US team is not treating this tournament seriously. Lastly, as a baseball fan, I think promoting the game this way really helps the league. Countries like Korea and Puerto Rico will have more of a following after the tournament. More kids will want to participate and even players like SY Lee will be heavily scouted by MLB teams.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheGhostWhoWalks » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:07 am

I don't see how you can say they are not treating the game seriously. All of the countries participating made a committment to baseball that all of the players would play and get their work in. I have seen every one of their games so far, and they have not appeared to give anything other than their top effort, which is true of all of the teams I have seen.
TheGhostWhoWalks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:12 am

TheGhostWhoWalks wrote:I don't see how you can say they are not treating the game seriously. All of the countries participating made a committment to baseball that all of the players would play and get their work in. I have seen every one of their games so far, and they have not appeared to give anything other than their top effort, which is true of all of the teams I have seen.

US is making a ton of errors on both sides of the field. The coaching/managing has been nothing but atrocious. Even Buck came out and said that this is spring training and he will give everyone some playing time. I don't see how that equates to playing for the W.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers