SP- Jason Schmidt (SF-SP)
RP- Joe Nathan (MIN-RP)
RP- Eddie Guardado (SEA-RP)
P- John Patterson (WAS-SP)
P- CC Sabathia (CLE- SP)
P- Scot Shields (LAA- RP)
BN- Livan Hernandez (WAS-SP)
BN- Fernando Cabrera (CLE-RP)

This was a keep 8, I kept Bay, Vlad, D Lee, Mike Young, Figgins, Schmidt, Carpenter, and Nathan (not bad, eh? :D). What do you think? What do I need to improve (besides closer, obviously.) Will rate yours if you post it.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pope » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:37 pm

Offense: D. Lee, M. Young, Vlad, Bay. wow. how many teams are in this league? Well done if it is 10 or more. [EDIT]Hell, 8 or more

Starters: Not sold on Schmidt or Captain Cheeseburger. May have to upgrade at some point, you sure do have bats to give. I find it hard to give up a good young bat in a keeper league though. How much money is on the line? :-?

Releivers: Nathan is a stud. I think Cabrera will be a stud eventaully. Scot Shields keeps putting up incredible stats as a middle reliever. I notice that you take a very speculative guy like Cabrera, does your league have a lot of managers that keep quality set up men or alternate closers? That changes the complexion of a league.

I end my ramble.

Help me out!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 89#1407189
pope
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm

pope wrote:Offense: D. Lee, M. Young, Vlad, Bay. wow. how many teams are in this league? Well done if it is 10 or more. [EDIT]Hell, 8 or more

Starters: Not sold on Schmidt or Captain Cheeseburger. May have to upgrade at some point, you sure do have bats to give. I find it hard to give up a good young bat in a keeper league though. How much money is on the line? :-?

Releivers: Nathan is a stud. I think Cabrera will be a stud eventaully. Scot Shields keeps putting up incredible stats as a middle reliever. I notice that you take a very speculative guy like Cabrera, does your league have a lot of managers that keep quality set up men or alternate closers? That changes the complexion of a league.

I end my ramble.

Help me out!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 89#1407189

12 team league. Like I said, I drafted well last year and gave me a bunch of top notch offensive keepers. My pitching is a bit suspect, but it was suspect last year (thanks to Schmidt being a monster bust.) and I almost won the league (the Rolen and Hunter injuries cost me, and I ended up losing it in the final few weeks of the season) on hitting alone. Cabrera was my last round pick, I figured he gets good Ks and Rats, and should Old Man Bob go down, hes right in line. There was pretty much no one left.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team