Is Bill Hall the odd man out in Milwaukee? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers

Is Bill Hall the odd man out in Milwaukee?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Bill Hall the odd man out in Milwaukee?

Postby AT » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:04 pm

I posted this in Leftovers too...

Ok so I drafted Bill Hall late in a deep draft hoping to put him at my MI position thinking he was going to get regular time at 3B until I realized that Koskie was going to start for Milwaukee. Now with Weeks and Hardy apparently well entrenched as the future of Milwaukee's middle infield, I think I may have a bench player on my hands. If you know otherwise and think he'll contribute let me know. This is also a CBS league (Yuk I know) so I can't just adjust the lineup every day when he plays and when he doesn't. I have a couple of options as for pickups that are flexible with my lineup if you think I should just ditch him.

Carlos Guillen
JJ Hardy
Russ Adams
Grudzielanek
Juan Uribe
Aurilia
Ray Durham
Luis Gonzalez (Col)

Thanks.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:39 pm

Yup. He is currently the odd man out, although he is slated to start on opening day (against a lefty). I believe he will end up with a fair number of PAs, maybe around 450. With all the inevitable injuries and his incredible ability to play all positions, he will be a good super utility guy. He has actually been taking time at center field during ST, so he could be Yahoo/SL eligible at 3B, SS, 2B, and OF.

Still, the problem with those type of guys is that playing time is so hard to predict. Frankly, that's good for teh Brewers and bad for fantasy guys. If you want to sit and watch lineups he would be okay, but I would suggest someone else.

Here is a decent thread about Bill Hall.

Of those MI options, I have them projected at (with BP's breakout in parens), in no particular order:

Carlos Guillen - 300/70/12/65/5 (7%)
JJ Hardy - 260/55/12/60/0 (38%)
Russ Adams - 275/70/7/60/10 (16%)
Grudzielanek - 290/55/5/45/5 (7%)
Juan Uribe - 270/65/15/65/5 (26)
Aurilia - 265/55/11/60/0 (22%)
Ray Durham - 270/70/12/55/7 (10%)
Luis Gonzalez - 290/50/10/44/3 (Wow. Just realized he is not in there. hmmm..)

The saest choice there is Guillen. But if you are looking for potential upside, I would go Hardy or Uribe, with a lean towards Juan. Screw that, I'm a homer, go for JJ as he has better power potential.

Hope that helps.

PS. What happened to your Testicles? (Sorry, couldn't resist...) Why did you shorten it to AT?
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Milwaukee Brewers