Tips to Online Poker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tips to Online Poker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CHE » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm

I didnt read any of the posts, but low limit poker is a losing cause. If you play 5000 hands a week at 1/2 Nl and you win 8% of the hands, your losing $1200 a week to the rake :-° $5 and 10 sngs are even worst. If i was you, i play in tournys and try and get a big score ;-D
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:13 am

like mad said the key to online poker is limping in and getting in cheaply with good hands and when you have AA or KK you push hard!

It takes a speical player to play some of the more garbage hands effictively, 67,78,89,910 suited are hands i play and i win more money with those hands then any other hand. I did not start playing those hands until i became really skilled at reading betting patterns and such. they can win you a lot of money, but you just really have to know how to play them and when to fold them and when not to told them.

As far as AQ, KQ, KJ, K10, Q10, J10, well these are ALL trap hands, if u make top pair, you are easily beaten but at the same time, hitting 1 pair with these hands will often win you the pot (it will be a small pot).

I think begginers should just focus on playing very tight and playing the best hands, and as they get better and better then can start to play more of the other hands. The suited connecters and small pairs are great because when u flop a big hand (as pointed out in doyle's super system) you can trap the BIG PAIRS for a BIG POT!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bleach168 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 pm

bleach's secret to winning at poker:

Find someone who stinks and take all their money!

Really, that's all there is to it. I would call myself an average poker player at best, but I'm good enough to spot the bad players and drain them dry.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby RyanK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:13 pm

bleach168 wrote:bleach's secret to winning at poker:

Find someone who stinks and take all their money!

Really, that's all there is to it. I would call myself an average poker player at best, but I'm good enough to spot the bad players and drain them dry.

online?

in a live game then yes you can find the sucker.. id play anyone (generalization) heads up live im confident in my live game.. jsut online was so much different
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:25 pm

CHE wrote:I didnt read any of the posts, but low limit poker is a losing cause. If you play 5000 hands a week at 1/2 Nl and you win 8% of the hands, your losing $1200 a week to the rake :-° $5 and 10 sngs are even worst. If i was you, i play in tournys and try and get a big score ;-D
Ok, I play 1/2 NL all the time and I consistently come out with $700 or better after a few hours (I go to Atlantic City 2 or 3 times a week now). Remember it's No Limit so all it takes is 1 or 2 bad calls for you to make plenty of money.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Okay Ryan I'll get you started man. Through the advice of my friends (professional gamblers Ben Johnson and Yakov Hirsch) I bought these books;
1. Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones
2. More Hold'Em Excellence: A Winner for Life by Lou Krieger
3. Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big With Expert Play by David Sklansky

They helped launched me, Perlick29 and our roommate into the poker world. We were able to use it to pay rent, groceries and such (basically we were making anywhere from $300-$1000 a week). Another important thing that I cannot stress no matter how good you'll play or where...establish and protect your BANKROLL.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:57 pm

thanks for the tips.. im playing a free roll tourny as we speak.. can i win money from it? i think it said i could win 50.. not sure cause i didnt pay.. just curious.. how do online tournys work and whats the deal with freerolls..
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby BGbootha » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:16 am

As far as free rolls go, there are a number of sites that offer free rolls for money, most offer free rolls as satellites to other tournaments where you can win money. There are some sites on the internet that list daily free rolls.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:27 am

RyanK wrote:thanks for the tips.. im playing a free roll tourny as we speak.. can i win money from it? i think it said i could win 50.. not sure cause i didnt pay.. just curious.. how do online tournys work and whats the deal with freerolls..

The prize list should be in the tourney's lobby. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RyanK » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:32 am

Madison wrote:
RyanK wrote:thanks for the tips.. im playing a free roll tourny as we speak.. can i win money from it? i think it said i could win 50.. not sure cause i didnt pay.. just curious.. how do online tournys work and whats the deal with freerolls..

The prize list should be in the tourney's lobby. ;-D

yeah came in 14th made 60 cents... sweeeeeeeeet... notta bad way to kill 2-3 hrs if you wnat that little of money lol
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk