My Second Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Second Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Second Draft

Postby Dmon26 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Hey, I am new to fantasy baseball. I have done two drafts so far. Here are the results of my second draft:

C Kenji Johjima- SEA
1B Prince Fielder- MIL
2B Rickie Weeks- MIL
3B Melvin Mora- BAL
SS Clint Barmes- COL
OF- Manny Rammirez- BOS
OF- Grady Sizemore- CLE
OF- Johnny Damon- NYY
UT- Bill Hall- MIL
UT- Dan Johnson- OAK
SP Roy Oswalt- HOU
SP Felix Hernandez- SEA
RP Chad Cordero- WAS
RP Keith Foulke- BOS
P Erik Bedard- BAL
P Chien-Ming Wang- NYY
P Dustin Hermanson- CHI (AL)
B Jon Lieber- PHI
B Dan Wheeler- HOU
B Dmitri Young- DET
B Trot Nixon- BOS
B David Eckstein- STL
B Paul Lo Duca- NYM

What do you think? How'd this rookie do?
Dmon26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dmon26 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:47 am

..or not :,-(
Dmon26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby theoismyhomeboy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:30 am

Dude,

I have only made a couple posts, but I have learned that if you want people to respond to your post you have to do a couple things first. Tell people what type of league you're playing in and what the stat categories are. These things help people to efficiently and effectively analyze your team, but I will give it my best shot anyway...

I will assume that you are playing in a 12 team 5(R, HR, RBI, SB, BA) X 5(W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP) league, though by looking at your team I wouldn't be surprised if there are more teams. I think you might want to look for someone better than Bill Hall. He's got talent, but no position because the Brewers are stacked with young talent. JJ Hardy will be playing SS everyday and Weeks at 2B. Is Granderson taken in your league? How about Gathright? Those are 2 big SB guys w/upside who might not be taken yet. If DaMeathook and Trot can stay healthy you already have 2 guys that I expect to have more star-quality numbers than Hall.

I also am an extreme nerd, and yesterday I made a spreadsheet program using ESPN's prjections that adds my stats for me and and the other teams in my league, and then I can compare what my strengths and relative weaknesses are before the season starts. If you are interested send me a message and i think I will be able to forward it to you. It's a crude thing, hardly polished. But if you know how to work excel it could be a very useful tool to you. If you don't want it, fine.
theoismyhomeboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blackmarketbaby » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:24 pm

I'd take a look into trading for some closers, unless Cordero doubles last year's numbers. Hermanson and Wheeler have little value in a standard 5x5 draft.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dmon26 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:51 pm

theoismyhomeboy wrote:Dude,

I have only made a couple posts, but I have learned that if you want people to respond to your post you have to do a couple things first. Tell people what type of league you're playing in and what the stat categories are. These things help people to efficiently and effectively analyze your team, but I will give it my best shot anyway...

I will assume that you are playing in a 12 team 5(R, HR, RBI, SB, BA) X 5(W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP) league, though by looking at your team I wouldn't be surprised if there are more teams. I think you might want to look for someone better than Bill Hall. He's got talent, but no position because the Brewers are stacked with young talent. JJ Hardy will be playing SS everyday and Weeks at 2B. Is Granderson taken in your league? How about Gathright? Those are 2 big SB guys w/upside who might not be taken yet. If DaMeathook and Trot can stay healthy you already have 2 guys that I expect to have more star-quality numbers than Hall.

I also am an extreme nerd, and yesterday I made a spreadsheet program using ESPN's prjections that adds my stats for me and and the other teams in my league, and then I can compare what my strengths and relative weaknesses are before the season starts. If you are interested send me a message and i think I will be able to forward it to you. It's a crude thing, hardly polished. But if you know how to work excel it could be a very useful tool to you. If you don't want it, fine.

Sorry, I am new to this site.

I am in a 14 team league. 5X5, H2H. Granderson and Joey are both gone.

And I'll have to pass on your spreadsheet offer, thanks though.
Dmon26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team