Bragging Rights League: How Do I Look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Bragging Rights League: How Do I Look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bragging Rights League: How Do I Look?

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:28 pm

Standard 5x5, H2H, non-keeper, 10-team league; and it's all about bragging rights with me against my amateur college buddies. I feel like my team looks good, but I just want to run it by the greats here at FBC and see if there's anything I need to improve on.

C - Jason Kendall
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Chase Utley
SS - Clint Barmes
3B - Scott Rolen
OF - Adam Dunn
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Brad Wilkerson
UT - Chone Figgins
BN - Torii Hunter
BN - Hank Blalock
BN - Jeremy Hermida (Got him with the last pick!)

SP - Ben Sheets
SP - Felix Hernandez
RP - Billy Wagner
RP - Joe Nathan (can you believe I snagged Wagner and Nathan?)
P - Danny Haren
P - Scott Kazmir
P - Matt Cain (they were all like "who's Matt Cain???)
BN - Mike MacDougal
BN - Esteban Loaiza (pick up after dropping Aaron Harang)

Actually now that I just wrote all that out, I'm pretty happy with it. I don't know why I drafted Harang, but I'm ok with Loaiza as a sixth starter. Again, it's a pretty shallow league, but I gotta win.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby carmo911 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:41 pm

You did you homework. very well put together team. you have potential hopefull Barmes and hermidia will perform for you.

Pitching is great. Watch Sheets though he is hurt already. Excellent relief

Please see mine

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=176037
carmo911
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:30 pm

you team looks pretty solid. I love that right side of the infield. two of my fav players in real life and fantasy. I would make a couple of moves though.

I would either trade one of rolen or blalock or move blalock to the util and figgins to OF. I have wilkerson at about: 92-22-75 .265 10 sbs. I have blalock at 89-26-98 .275 2sbs, and ratios are so much harder to overcame then the tallied cats.

I also have kendall ranked 14th at catcher so in a 10 team league no need to have him.

I would grab any of barrett, barajas, jojima, molina, or mccann in front of him. kendall doesn't run anymore or hit for much of an avg.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=176145
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JRock » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 pm

That team is amazing. I really like it. Even your weakest positions are filled with pretty decent players.

There are two things I would change though. I would try and get another C, like Sublime said. Kendall is older and with players with great potential like Molina, Johjima, Willingham, Barrett, etc. then maybe you can nab someone else. You can probably try dealing Kendall and talking up his previous years to get another C... or who else is still available on the waiver?

The other thing I'm not too big on is Barmes at SS. .329 AVG and .886 OPS before his injury... .216 AVG and .544 OPS after his injury. That's not saying he won't have a big season this year, but maybe you oughta go after someone that'll guarantee you a nice season.

With the skill level of the other managers in your league, it shouldn't be too hard to talk up Kendall and Barmes and get some nice returns at their respective positions.

Good luck, thanks for responding to my topic!
JRock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 pm

Thanks for the responses guys!

I hate Kendall too; I'm going to try to trade him straight up for Barajas to a guy in my league who has him as a backup and is a huge Pirates fan... maybe I can use the carry-over loyalty he has to Kendall.

Of the rest of the catchers available, I think all I have to choose from is Willingham and McCann. I'm pretty sure these guys have no clue who Willingham is, so I think he's safe on waivers for now. I'll jump on him if I don't get Barajas; would you say Willingham's a better bet than McCann, or too risky?

As for Barmes, SS is the other position I decided to let go in favor of guys being overlooked in the draft (like Holliday, King Felix and, surprisingly enough, Nathan).

So here's the big question: which shortstop (assuming I don't trade for one)...

Carlos Guillen
David Eckstein
Russ Adams
Khalil Green
Angel Berroa
Adam Everett

or take a stab at Hanley Ramirez or Ian Kinsler?

Honestly, I have Barmes ranked higher than all of them so I'd go for a trade if possible.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team