Slept in and missed half my draft!!! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Slept in and missed half my draft!!! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slept in and missed half my draft!!! WHIR

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Standard 12 team Yahoo Roto, I slept in missed the first 9 rounds, am I ok?

C Posada
1b Sexson
2b Figgins
3b Rolen
SS Tejada
OF Dunn
OF Holliday
OF Hunter
Util Hafner

BN Polanco
BN Wilkerson

SP Santana
SP Myers
RP Dempster
RP MacDougal
P Webb
P Sabathia
P Linebrink

BN Duchscherer
BN Orvella
BN Farnsworth
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uucrook3d » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:42 pm

i think you need to upgrade your catching, starting pitching, and outfield..... your relief pitching is solid and so is your infield. not as bad as it could have been i guess.

help me out:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176114
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby theoismyhomeboy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:09 pm

You seem to me to have a pretty good team considering you slept through so much of your daft. You've got a lot of crappy BA guys- Sexson, Hunter, Dunn. If you keep all these guys guys they will keep you very down. While you may have many relievers, they are all also the types of closers that might lose their jobs quick, plus they all play for poor teams. If Gathright is available he might be the type of player who, especially if he plays, gives your team more, speed and a higher average than Hunter, with dramatically less power. I expect that Dunn and Sexson will compete for the league lead in HR, so don't worry too much about power. In fact I would be look into trading one of those guys to a power-hungry team for a good BA, good SB, average power guy, like Coco Crisp, though he may be overpriced right now, but that type of player would be good for you. I like Rolen to bounce back. Just a feeling. i think your starting pitching is awesome, but you may need another arm to use up your innings, though you have 2 top-flight middle guys which sometimes even better than a good SP. I don't hate your team at all, considering the circumstances.
theoismyhomeboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby puckyou21 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:26 pm

theoismyhomeboy wrote:You seem to me to have a pretty good team considering you slept through so much of your daft. You've got a lot of crappy BA guys- Sexson, Hunter, Dunn. If you keep all these guys guys they will keep you very down. While you may have many relievers, they are all also the types of closers that might lose their jobs quick, plus they all play for poor teams. If Gathright is available he might be the type of player who, especially if he plays, gives your team more, speed and a higher average than Hunter, with dramatically less power. I expect that Dunn and Sexson will compete for the league lead in HR, so don't worry too much about power. In fact I would be look into trading one of those guys to a power-hungry team for a good BA, good SB, average power guy, like Coco Crisp, though he may be overpriced right now, but that type of player would be good for you. I like Rolen to bounce back. Just a feeling. i think your starting pitching is awesome, but you may need another arm to use up your innings, though you have 2 top-flight middle guys which sometimes even better than a good SP. I don't hate your team at all, considering the circumstances.

Agree a lot with this post. Regarding your draft, you didn't fare too bad. I wouldn't mind seeing a stud closer in the mix, but that's easier said than done. While Posada isn't the most desireable catcher, there's not a whole lot out there to upgrade with. I'd keep him and not worry too much about it. I would like to see a better OF than Hunter everyday. I really like Holliday, and think he's due for a big year. I definately like your starters.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=176073
"He who forgets will be destined to remember" -Ed Vedder
puckyou21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby prime time » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:45 pm

i think your starting pitching looks good...i think webb will have a good year for you...might need another speedster with good avg like what was mentioned above.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=176011
prime time
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team