Any advice for this keeper team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Any advice for this keeper team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any advice for this keeper team?

Postby puckyou21 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 pm

12 team, H2H, 6 keepers, a bunch of categories...

R,H,2B,3B,HR,RBI,SB,BB,HBP,K,AVG

R. Doumit
J. Thome
T. Iguchi
Mi. Cabrera
M. Tejada
C. Crawford
J. Bay
M. Holliday
C. Tracy
J. Hermida

Bench-
R. Freel
J. Gibbons
Del. Young

IP,W,CG,SV,H,HR,K,ERA,WHIP,K/BB
SP
B. Sheets
F. Hernández
D. Davis
J. Bonderman
K. Escobar
Ol. Pérez

RP
J. Nathan
C. Ray
C. Orvella
J. Borowski
"He who forgets will be destined to remember" -Ed Vedder
puckyou21
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pots » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Other than your catcher, the only weakness I see is Igutchi, who I just don't particularly care for. But 2B is a shallow position and for a 12-team league, your offence is likely top 2 though your depth is a bit shallow.

Sheets injury is of concern, and outside of him, you really don't have any aces. I don't see a big year for Hernadez this year, but the rest of your SPs are adequate. Not the strength of your team here, but if Sheets stays healthy, it own't hurt you one bit.

Nathan is a stud and I like Ray. That should be enough to be in the top 5 in saves in your league.
Pots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jungy69 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:32 pm

You have a great team. Its pretty balanced for hitters I would only suggest moving Thome. Im just not sold on him after the great roids bust he hasn't shown me in the slightest he wasn't on them. His age isnt exactly in his favor either. I'm not making this statement to cause a huge fuss this is my opinon please dont hunt me down like a witch hunt. He has high value if you aren't sold on him either deal him right away for a good starter. You need a pitcher who can win Suppan would be the perfect fit for you if he is on the WW. If you can swing a trade for a pitcher you got a great team. With the Miggys, Crawford, Bay, Sheets, Nathan, and maybe King Felix as possible keepers you have a great team for years.
Isnt my avatar just the cutest? ^-^
Jungy69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby carmo911 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:02 pm

thanks for mine.

I agree with above...you team is good other then C and 2B. As soon as Thome starts hitting some bombs trade him for high value. He'll bust later in the season. Pitching staff is solid.
carmo911
College Coach
College Coach

Postby puckyou21 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:58 pm

I was actually pretty excited for my Iguchi. I think for a 12th round pick he'll bring back pretty good value. Dropping him in the order is only going to increase his RBI's as he continues to adjust to MLB's style of play. I don't think there are many other 2Bmen out there that I trust much more.
puckyou21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theoismyhomeboy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:55 pm

I like your team a whole lot, judging by the amount of players you have that I wanted for my team. I agree that at C and 2B you might to upgrade, but Iguchi in the 12th Rd isn't anything to cry about. You should keep your eyes on a bunch of Cs on the wire. Willingham, McCann, those types could outperform Doumit, but they are equals in my mind at this point. Nice team.
theoismyhomeboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby puckyou21 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:59 pm

theoismyhomeboy wrote:I like your team a whole lot, judging by the amount of players you have that I wanted for my team. I agree that at C and 2B you might to upgrade, but Iguchi in the 12th Rd isn't anything to cry about. You should keep your eyes on a bunch of Cs on the wire. Willingham, McCann, those types could outperform Doumit, but they are equals in my mind at this point. Nice team.

I was shooting for Willingham in the final rounds but he was taken in the 13th....way too early IMO.
puckyou21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:05 pm

wow, you had a lot of nice keepers. Also I like Iguchi a lot and I think that he can put better stats than marcus giles and you can get him 5 rounds later. I'm not too excited about Oliver Perez and I think that Joe Borowski will lose the closers job fairly quick. Otherwise, very nice team. You should finish 3top in your league no question.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Very nice team. MCAB, Bay, Crawford, and Tejada should carry the offense nicely, and you have some other guys that could bust out. I wouldn't worry about Catcher, just need a guy that wont hurt your average.

Your RP and SP are solid. Sheets should be a concern though, and King Felix is still so young. I would try to package Thome and one of your other SP for something like Zito and Lugo, give you some more speed and a stronger pitcher.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team