Different Strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Different Strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pots » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:26 pm

Jungy69 wrote:Sadly know one on the WW. Still highly suggest trading for at least one ace.

It takes top players to trade for an Ace. What would you suggest? I don't see anything I can give that someone would be willing to trade an Ace SP for, and won't I likely be over-paying just for the difference between an Ace and a 30-save closer? I'd love an Ace, but I don't see value in breaking up my offence for one.

Johan Santana last year had exactly as many points as Rivera.

Turnbrow had as many as Bartolo Colon.

Dany Baez as much as Burhle and C.Zambrano.
Pots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HasteTheDay » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:36 pm

I'v been playing this scoring system on CBS for 4 years. Theres always people who take all closers, and end up getting their butt kicked. The strat in those leagues are = Power bats and SP. You load up with top SPs, and play the 2 starts. Your SPs are going to put up 30-40 a week with their 2 starts... rather then relying on your closers to get opps. Iv done this for years, and the guy who thinks he can rock the system always is the loser. It seems like the smart thing to do, but CBS isnt that stupid to run a scoring system that be taken advantage of like that. That is the same scoring system used for the $500, $350, and $100 leagues. It can't be taken advantage of. Pitches like Livan Hernandez, imagine.... 9 IP = 18 points.... W = 10 points.... K- lets say 7. Complete Game bonus = 5. Take a few runs and hits off... a cool 35 points. In 1 start. Then he gets another yet that week. Of course he wont play up to these standards every outing, but its what to expect for some SP.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pots » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:42 pm

HasteTheDay wrote:I'v been playing this scoring system on CBS for 4 years. Theres always people who take all closers, and end up getting their butt kicked. The strat in those leagues are = Power bats and SP. You load up with top SPs, and play the 2 starts. Your SPs are going to put up 30-40 a week with their 2 starts... rather then relying on your closers to get opps. Iv done this for years, and the guy who thinks he can rock the system always is the loser. It seems like the smart thing to do, but CBS isnt that stupid to run a scoring system that be taken advantage of like that. That is the same scoring system used for the $500, $350, and $100 leagues. It can't be taken advantage of. Pitches like Livan Hernandez, imagine.... 9 IP = 18 points.... W = 10 points.... K- lets say 7. Complete Game bonus = 5. Take a few runs and hits off... a cool 35 points. In 1 start. Then he gets another yet that week. Of course he wont play up to these standards every outing, but its what to expect for some SP.

And week-to-week, what will be more consistant? A CG by half of your pitchers or a couple saves by each of my closers? Sure if I had a bunch of SPs that could have high potential of CGs and Wins, but my lineup would have looked like crap. I'm not saying that my RPs will be the highest scoring pitching staff in the league, but my offence sure might be, and my closers should be aduate enough to have more than a chance to win every week with Gagne, Nathan, Wagner, etc.
Pots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby HasteTheDay » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Steals are only 2 points... your O will not be top in the league, unless everyone drafted horrible. Big Tex will pu up big #'s, other then that your sitting in the 20 points week for everyone else.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pots » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:16 pm

HasteTheDay wrote:Steals are only 2 points... your O will not be top in the league, unless everyone drafted horrible. Big Tex will pu up big #'s, other then that your sitting in the 20 points week for everyone else.

Where's the 'fishing' icon when I need it? No more bore baiting me.
Pots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Mills13 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I agree, it looks like you utilized your points system well. I would downgrade Konerko a little and see if Glaus could possibly be upgraded.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team