The Sopranos - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Sopranos

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
KPucks wrote:Tonight's episode was different from any other Sopranos episode I can remember. I thought it was really good though, and next week looks even better with the in-fighting beginning. I just hope they don't keep Tony in the hospital all season.

it was OK, but yeah, they better not drag this out for more than a few more episodes

it also got me to thinking, if Tony dies, would the show still be any good? as good as the other actors and characters are, i really think he carries the show and it just wouldnt be as good without him

No. The show doesn't go without Tony. I also think Vito is a goner from last week, yesterday all he did was argue with Paulie and Bobby, and fart loudly on the sofa. :-P

What a strange episode though. It was very dark, and Chris was once again talking about death a lot.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 pm

Biggest things about episode #2 to me were:

AJ's oath of vengence. Everyone has been waiting for AJ to come into "the life" and other than the kegger he and his friends threw this was the first time it started to manifest itself.

Silvio took over as acting boss and everyone seemed to respect that, at least to his face. Vito has been making a hard push for the position in the first two episodes but I really expected Paulie to cause more of a stink about not getting the responsibility.

Who is going to whack Junior is the bigger question to me than if Tony lives or dies.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:18 am

Tavish wrote:Biggest things about episode #2 to me were:

AJ's oath of vengence. Everyone has been waiting for AJ to come into "the life" and other than the kegger he and his friends threw this was the first time it started to manifest itself.

Silvio took over as acting boss and everyone seemed to respect that, at least to his face. Vito has been making a hard push for the position in the first two episodes but I really expected Paulie to cause more of a stink about not getting the responsibility.

Who is going to whack Junior is the bigger question to me than if Tony lives or dies.

i think i read somewhere though that Silvo was basically 2nd in command to Tony, so he should be able to step in uncontested...not sure if the other families like New York would have to approve though

other than Tony or AJ, not sure anyone would have the guts to whack Junior
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:13 pm

AT wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Oz was the best show on HBO. I don't get HBO, though, but I've rented the DVDs. It can get to be overkill at times, though, so it can't be watched TOO much.

I just can't seem to get interested in the Sopranos, despite being a big fan of movies like the Godfather and Scarface.

I like Entourage quite a bit actually. I watched the first season in one day. For some reason, it was very interesting to me.

I've been watching Oz on Netflix for like 3 weeks now. What a cool show...

Yet, it's no Sopranos.

Entourage = Cool, but unless you're <15 you may have problems if you think it's better than Sopranos.

I definitely like Oz better than the Sopranos. Storyline just intrigues me more.

Entourage is just an easy show to watch. You don't really have to use the brain much and it's something you can watch while writing a paper, playing poker, or working out. In content, it's not better than the Sopranos, but I've found it easier to digest.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrider » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Yeh AJ is going to shoot him but the hanging seen was sord of disturbing and that hole in Tony stomach is so big but what I don't understand how its that big he got shot with a pistol not with a shotgun.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:45 pm

mrider wrote:Yeh AJ is going to shoot him but the hanging seen was sord of disturbing and that hole in Tony stomach is so big but what I don't understand how its that big he got shot with a pistol not with a shotgun.

I'm pretty sure its an open incision. They had to cut it like that to perform the surgery or remove the bullet.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk