The Sopranos - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Sopranos

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:03 pm

perlick29 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm also suprised no one mentioned the best part of last night...

the Meadow Soprano strip tease... :-L

AY CARUMBA! How could I forget? It didn't make any sense as to the context of the show, but I dont think that really matters. She's got some body on her. (and that some-body would be me. At least in my dreams. :*) )

Other than the fact that she doesn't upset the nipple narc that was perhaps the best part of the opening.

Although I thought it was great how they put in Adriana for about 30 seconds just to confuse everyone. And to make the people who said "Adriana wasn't really killed!" feel validated for a small portion of time.

Eugene was the guy who was sworn into the family the same day as Chris.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Minor League Skilz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:14 pm

perlick29 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm also suprised no one mentioned the best part of last night...

the Meadow Soprano strip tease... :-L

AY CARUMBA! How could I forget? It didn't make any sense as to the context of the show, but I dont think that really matters. She's got some body on her. (and that some-body would be me. At least in my dreams. :*) )

Don't look for meaning just love it. That might have been the best I have ever seen her look.

Great show last night. I really love how they can make Tony seem like a good guy at times and then slap you in the face with the evilness. I couldn't believe that Tony wouldn't let that guy move to Florida. He hit the relative lottery and even gave Tony a cut, but his option to get out was to hang himself. (I have never seen a hanging scene like that either BTW ) }:-)

Man that Uncle Junior is one crazy SOB. Can't wait until next week.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:(I have never seen a hanging scene like that either BTW ) }:-)

OH MY GOODNESS. I completely forgot about that. That was the most realistic thing I've ever seen. How in heaven's name did they pull that off?

I watched it in shock, because it actually looked like he had hanged himself. How was that possible?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Vito is going to end up as acting Boss (or make a move to take over the family) while Tony recovers? He saw a lot more face time last week than he has before and seems to have a more prounced role in the family (considering his character started off as just some guy who wonders into a sub shop and pisses chris by cutting in line). They seem to droping a lot of hints that Vito is gaining power.

Or maybe they are just showing Vito so we he won't come out of nowhere when he gets rid of Meadow's fiance.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 pm

Vito is a goner. He started dropping hints to Eugene about becoming the next boss "should anything happen" to Tony. His little secret is bound to get out, probably through Meadow in one of her hissy fits or even better he makes an unwanted advance towards Paulie.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby DK » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:12 pm

Tavish wrote:Vito is a goner. He started dropping hints to Eugene about becoming the next boss "should anything happen" to Tony. His little secret is bound to get out, probably through Meadow in one of her hissy fits or even better he makes an unwanted advance towards Paulie.

I agree with this. Once he started dropping hints he might as well have written his obituary IMO.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ballofbase » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:52 pm

what an opener! I hope the season holds up to it. GREAT stuff.
ballofbase
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby KPucks » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:15 pm

I also love the Sopranos. Watched all five seasons in the last 2 months preparing for last night. The hanging scene was definitely the most realistic I have ever seen. And the ;ast five minutes? Wow.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KPucks » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:01 pm

Tonight's episode was different from any other Sopranos episode I can remember. I thought it was really good though, and next week looks even better with the in-fighting beginning. I just hope they don't keep Tony in the hospital all season.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:37 am

KPucks wrote:Tonight's episode was different from any other Sopranos episode I can remember. I thought it was really good though, and next week looks even better with the in-fighting beginning. I just hope they don't keep Tony in the hospital all season.

it was OK, but yeah, they better not drag this out for more than a few more episodes

it also got me to thinking, if Tony dies, would the show still be any good? as good as the other actors and characters are, i really think he carries the show and it just wouldnt be as good without him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk