The Sopranos - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Sopranos

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:16 am

warrick95 wrote:Oz was the best show on HBO. I don't get HBO, though, but I've rented the DVDs. It can get to be overkill at times, though, so it can't be watched TOO much.

I just can't seem to get interested in the Sopranos, despite being a big fan of movies like the Godfather and Scarface.

I like Entourage quite a bit actually. I watched the first season in one day. For some reason, it was very interesting to me.

I've been watching Oz on Netflix for like 3 weeks now. What a cool show...

Yet, it's no Sopranos.

Entourage = Cool, but unless you're <15 you may have problems if you think it's better than Sopranos.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:59 am

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. Entourage
3. Sopranos

And the ending was nuts. Lookin forward to next week.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:34 am

good show, glad it's back. i've watched most of the HBO series, so i'll try my rankings here

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiam
Deadwood
Carnivale (R.I.P :~( )
Rome
Oz
Entarouge
Sex and the City

the new show Big Love looks decent
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ironman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 am

Right now my favorite show on HBO that is still going is Deadwood, with the Sopranos second. I thought Carnivale was superb and was pissed to see the garbage that has replaced it (C'mon, Rome? Seriously?).

I have to say though was anyone confused a bit with last night's episode? I had to spend a good chunk of time refreshing my memory of which characters were which and who they were with.

Hey HBO, aside from cancelling good shows, perhaps you shouldn't wait 2 frickin years between seasons of your most popular ones.

Don't get me started on Entourage. I'd say its the crappiest show HBO has ever had, but then I remember this is the network that brought us Arli$$.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby logan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 am

i thought it was a pretty good show. they sort of lost me when they tried to force that guy who wanted out down our throats. he was never anyone major ,if he was even on the show before, and i really couldn't have cared less when he hung himself. i kept waiting for them to kill him anyways.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:good show, glad it's back. i've watched most of the HBO series, so i'll try my rankings here

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiam
Deadwood
Rome
Oz
Entarouge
Sex and the City

Nice list! I'm a huge HBO fan and everything they do. I don't have it anymore, but all their shows are now on DVD and it looks like I'll just have to wait and extra year to catch the last season of The Sopranos (the greatest show ever created for television; period).

I'd rank them:
Sopranos
Curb
Six Feet Under
Deadwood
Carnivale (I'm really going to miss it too! So many loose ends...)

Entourage, Oz and The Wire aren't bad, and certainly better than just about anything on basic cable, but they're not really up to same standards as the ones above.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:37 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:good show, glad it's back. i've watched most of the HBO series, so i'll try my rankings here

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiam
Deadwood
Rome
Oz
Entarouge
Sex and the City

Nice list! I'm a huge HBO fan and everything they do. I don't have it anymore, but all their shows are now on DVD and it looks like I'll just have to wait and extra year to catch the last season of The Sopranos (the greatest show ever created for television; period).

I'd rank them:
Sopranos
Curb
Six Feet Under
Deadwood
Carnivale (I'm really going to miss it too! So many loose ends...)

Entourage, Oz and The Wire aren't bad, and certainly better than just about anything on basic cable, but they're not really up to same standards as the ones above.

never saw the Wire, but i've heard it's not too bad. if they ever start from Season 1 On Demand i might watch
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 pm

i'm also suprised no one mentioned the best part of last night...

the Meadow Soprano strip tease... :-L
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm also suprised no one mentioned the best part of last night...

the Meadow Soprano strip tease... :-L

AY CARUMBA! How could I forget? It didn't make any sense as to the context of the show, but I dont think that really matters. She's got some body on her. (and that some-body would be me. At least in my dreams. :*) )
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The Sopranos

Postby thedude » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:18 pm

Tavish wrote:
DK wrote:Is there seriously no thread here about the show coming back?

For a while IMO 24 was the best show on television. Now I remember why it's second on my list.

What a great, great episode to kick off the season. SO many twists and turns.

It was a interesting start to the season. I've been waiting for quite awhile for Tony give Phil Leotardo da buisness, but it looks like the wait will be a little longer. With the jump in time its going to take a few episodes to get all the characters up to speed again. AJ is in college (anyone catch which one?), Janice and Bobby with a baby (anyone catch the name?) and so forth.

I don't think they said, but by the end of last season i think they had establised that east strasburg state (spelling?) was the only school had any hope of being accepted to.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk