The Sopranos - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Sopranos

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Sopranos

Postby DK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:28 pm

Is there seriously no thread here about the show coming back?

For a while IMO 24 was the best show on television. Now I remember why it's second on my list.

What a great, great episode to kick off the season. SO many twists and turns.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:39 pm

It really seems like a show I'd like, but I've never had HBO.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Phatferd » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:47 pm

Entourage is the best show on HBO.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:Entourage is the best show on HBO.
Entourage is a really good show, but you know it's going to take a seat Sopranos.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:Entourage is the best show on HBO.

No way. Entourage is a great show (I watched the last season) but the Sopranos is far and away the best show on HBO.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: The Sopranos

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

DK wrote:Is there seriously no thread here about the show coming back?

For a while IMO 24 was the best show on television. Now I remember why it's second on my list.

It was a interesting start to the season. I've been waiting for quite awhile for Tony give Phil Leotardo da buisness, but it looks like the wait will be a little longer. With the jump in time its going to take a few episodes to get all the characters up to speed again. AJ is in college (anyone catch which one?), Janice and Bobby with a baby (anyone catch the name?) and so forth.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby DK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:53 pm

Tavish wrote:
DK wrote:Is there seriously no thread here about the show coming back?

It was a interesting start to the season. I've been waiting for quite awhile for Tony give Phil Leotardo da buisness, but it looks like the wait will be a little longer. With the jump in time its going to take a few episodes to get all the characters up to speed again. AJ is in college (anyone catch which one?), Janice and Bobby with a baby (anyone catch the name?) and so forth.

Something else that caught my eye was how negative Chris was about everything. I don't think I heard him say a positive word the entire night. My best guess would be that he's feeling the effects of losing Adriana, and is bitter because of what happened.

The last five minutes were insane (in the good way).
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:07 am

DK wrote:Something else that caught my eye was how negative Chris was about everything. I don't think I heard him say a positive word the entire night. My best guess would be that he's feeling the effects of losing Adriana, and is bitter because of what happened.

Chris has never really been the most positive person anyways, if he goes even further off the edge it will be real interesting.

I was starting to get a bit worried that this season would be a dissapointment. Eugene and Vito Spatafore are two of my least favorite soldiers and it looked like they both were becoming major characters. No more worries about Eugene and if Vito keeps dropping hints about becoming the next boss (or talking about how fabulous he looks now) he won't be around much longer.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby warrick95 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:01 am

Oz was the best show on HBO. I don't get HBO, though, but I've rented the DVDs. It can get to be overkill at times, though, so it can't be watched TOO much.

I just can't seem to get interested in the Sopranos, despite being a big fan of movies like the Godfather and Scarface.

I like Entourage quite a bit actually. I watched the first season in one day. For some reason, it was very interesting to me.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:33 am

Tavish wrote:
DK wrote:Something else that caught my eye was how negative Chris was about everything. I don't think I heard him say a positive word the entire night. My best guess would be that he's feeling the effects of losing Adriana, and is bitter because of what happened.

Chris has never really been the most positive person anyways, if he goes even further off the edge it will be real interesting.

I was starting to get a bit worried that this season would be a dissapointment. Eugene and Vito Spatafore are two of my least favorite soldiers and it looked like they both were becoming major characters. No more worries about Eugene and if Vito keeps dropping hints about becoming the next boss (or talking about how fabulous he looks now) he won't be around much longer.

The ending to the episode shocked the hell out of me, but what I am interested in is the bevy of stars slated to play roles this season. I saw from the "pre-game show" That one of thw women from ER, as well as Ben Kingsley will be appearing this season. Should be fun.

By the way I caught some of big love and all I know about it is that I would like to play Bill Paxton's character some of the time in my debut oin television. :-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk