poker room and the AA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

poker room and the AA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

poker room and the AA

Postby eftda » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:59 pm

Im not one to brag about my poker skills but I seem to get AA, 2-3 times a day when I only play at most 4 hours. I don't always win but 75% of the time I do. Is this normal to get this many AA?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:10 pm

The odds being delt pocket aces are 220:1 (0.45%)

So no, it's not normal, unless you're playing a ridiculous number of hands.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:54 pm

BB's right. The odds of picking up A/A is 220:1, so it depends on how many hands you're playing. At 4 hours per day, roughly 60 hands per hour (online average hands per hour), that's 240 hands, so you should get them once on average per day (provided you're only playing one table at a time).

I'm not a fan of Pokerroom. I played there, got my bonus, got paid to play there, and took the profits and ran. I've never, ever thought any of the large online poker rooms tamper with the shuffle, but I saw way too many things at Pokerroom that left me shaking my head. Probably just a strange run I had there, but I'll stick to some of the other sites.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BGbootha » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:21 pm

yeah I haven't played at poker room yet, but yeah thats a little weird, that being said, I am going to poker room next week to get my bonus.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:22 pm

I've had interesting experiences with Pokerroom too, which is a shame because they have one of the nicest online interfaces I've come across.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigken117 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:34 pm

I hate Pokerroom...but I play there all the time

I have made some money on there, but it really seems like the longshots get paid off more than the odds dictate. 2/9 calling an All In and catching...not a 2/9 bluffing and being caught, but calling one. Seriously.
That said, I did catch a Royal Flush earlier tonight in a tourney :-)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Half Massed » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:42 am

That does seem a bit much. I played in a live poker tournament last Friday and I only got AA once. Of course the one time I did and got two people to go all in (I was way down at the time), the guy who was dealing picked up the flop instead of his hand by mistake, so we couldn't play the hand. :-[

I did come way back though and ended up in 4th place out of around 50. It was for charity, but I ended up with a $50 Best Buy gift card. ;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:48 am

I quit playing online poker because of pokerroom. I kept losing by strictly playing the odds. That site had some of the craziest ish I have ever come across.

I was just talking to a friend last night who makes good money at poker and plays a lot online as well and he told me with my skill level (we've played some live games before) I could make a decent side income for a college student. He basically guaranteed if I play right and all that stuff that I will make a profit at it.

Anways, long story short, he is giving me a list of books to read and my goal is to read them and get back at it online and try to earn a couple hundred bucks a month to use as drinking money.

What sites are the best?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BGbootha » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:55 am

Well I have personaly tried a great deal of poker rooms (I move from one site to another getting thier offers.)

Right now I am playing at Pitbull Poker.com, they are offering $10 free just for signing up. NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED.

Also if you play money on top of the free $10 they are giving 200% up to $200. So if you deposit 100 they will give you 210 on top of that, but again they will give you 10 just for signing up.

[MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED--we don't allow referrals like this, but feel free to put a non-referral link in this thread.]

This will get you your 10.

This is the promo I am doing right now. There are a couple more with nice promos but this is the best this month.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:31 pm

BGbootha wrote:Well I have personaly tried a great deal of poker rooms (I move from one site to another getting thier offers.)

Right now I am playing at Pitbull Poker.com, they are offering $10 free just for signing up. NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED.

Also if you play money on top of the free $10 they are giving 200% up to $200. So if you deposit 100 they will give you 210 on top of that, but again they will give you 10 just for signing up.

This will get you your 10.

This is the promo I am doing right now. There are a couple more with nice promos but this is the best this month.

Not bad for putting $100 in. What is their deal about cashing out with that money? How many raked hands do you need to play?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk