Edwin Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edwin Encarnacion

Postby bellybrother » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:25 pm

I play in an NL only, 5X5, keeper, auction league with standard categories with friends where we all get together and draft live. This will be the 5th year with pretty competative and competant owners. My question is this.......
w/out knowing the ins and outs of my league or the owners tendancies, OR anyone's keepers, would anyone like to give their opinion of what Edwin will be worth in a keeper auction this year? $260 cap.
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bellybrother » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:29 pm

Sorry. Wrong forum huh?
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dcskater619 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:59 pm

i think he will end up somewhere around 10-15$..hes having a real nice ST so people are high on him right now. Especially in an NL only league, there will probably be 5 other managers with him in their mind as a sleeper 3B
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:54 pm

In a redraft NL-only auction I think that $10 is probably the upper end of his value. Based on my projections at $10 he's really not that great of a buy and anything beyond that you start losing money.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ragoczy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:00 pm

Oddly enough I just made a trade in 10 team NL only 5x5 auction league for Edwin. We use $260 cap and I got him at $5. I'm hoping to get $10-12 of value from him this year. I'm not happy with the fact that the Reds think Tony Womack should be the starting 2b--I think that hurts Edwin with Freel and Aurilia being able to play 3b. However, Edwin's hot spring (5 hr already) is a good thing, especially with Kearns struggling.

As a keeper I think he has good upside, which is why I traded for him. He's not David Wright or MCab, but I think he can be a consistent $18-$22 player in a couple of years.
We're only immortal for a limited time
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers