An excuse to get mad at me? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

An excuse to get mad at me?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannyolbb » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:29 am

I disagree with everyone else. I don't like overly jealous girls and I think it's good to make it clear that you will occasionally think of other girls. Plus, if you continue to do what you are doing, it will inevitably pay off. I mentioned to my girl that I thought her friend Jenny was attractive and now I'm dating both. But I'm only buying 3 dinners, if you follow what I'm getting at here.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:51 am

dannyolbb wrote:I disagree with everyone else. I don't like overly jealous girls and I think it's good to make it clear that you will occasionally think of other girls. Plus, if you continue to do what you are doing, it will inevitably pay off. I mentioned to my girl that I thought her friend Jenny was attractive and now I'm dating both. But I'm only buying 3 dinners, if you follow what I'm getting at here.

Good point danny. If you want a woman who will be ok with you checking out other women and making comments about them and whatever else, this isn't the one. If this is what you want, find someone else.

Seriously though, I don't think this is about checking out or thinking about other women. If he had simply said that another girl thinks he's good-looking, I don't forsee a problem. The fact that he mentioned a "HOT" girl thinks he's good-looking...that's where he slipped up.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:37 am

eh...dames always need something to be upset/mad about, so if it's not that, then she'll just move on to something else

keep it in your back pocket and when she starts getting lippy or wont do something you want, just (jokingly) tell her "I bet (the hot chick) would"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:22 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:eh...dames always need something to be upset/mad about, so if it's not that, then she'll just move on to something else

keep it in your back pocket and when she starts getting lippy or wont do something you want, just (jokingly) tell her "I bet (the hot chick) would"

Good advice....

....if you want to be miserable. :-t :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:51 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Well, look at it on the flipside. If you and your girlfriend break up, you have a "hot" option waiting for you. :-b

Probably not if this alleged hot chick finds out you ran your mouth about her liking you to everyone...

When it comes to girls you have to play it cool, Spiegs. You played it the opposite of cool there. How would you react if your girlfriend, (who probably told you this to make you feel good about yourself) started bragging to all of her friends that some incredibly hot dude (that isn't you) liked her?

That's a damn good example Sim. You should be a professor.

Da Professa.. I like the sound of that. B-)

Hopefully you can get back on this girl's good side, Spiegs. One way or another, you've learned a lesson I'm sure. Don't feel too bad about it. I know for a fact I've learned some very hard lessons in my life. They're good for ya. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk