An excuse to get mad at me? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

An excuse to get mad at me?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An excuse to get mad at me?

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:22 am

ok, Iv been dating this girl for 9 months now. The other day she tole me that this extreemly hot chick I work with wanted me. I went to my best friend and was like "dude this hot chick wants me" and I also made other refrences to people. I know it's stupid but come on

she said that wasn't cool and kind of flipped
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:27 am

wait, you said "dude this hot chick likes me" in front of your girlfriend, I'll leave the long posts to George and Copp, but you're an idiot.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:41 am

If you said that in front of her, I think she's really mad at you, not an excuse. If you guys are serious and you bring up a hot chick like that, not good ;-D
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:53 am

Well, look at it on the flipside. If you and your girlfriend break up, you have a "hot" option waiting for you. :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:59 am

go_jays_go wrote:Well, look at it on the flipside. If you and your girlfriend break up, you have a "hot" option waiting for you. :-b

Probably not if this alleged hot chick finds out you ran your mouth about her liking you to everyone...

When it comes to girls you have to play it cool, Spiegs. You played it the opposite of cool there. How would you react if your girlfriend, (who probably told you this to make you feel good about yourself) started bragging to all of her friends that some incredibly hot dude (that isn't you) liked her?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:40 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Well, look at it on the flipside. If you and your girlfriend break up, you have a "hot" option waiting for you. :-b

Probably not if this alleged hot chick finds out you ran your mouth about her liking you to everyone...

When it comes to girls you have to play it cool, Spiegs. You played it the opposite of cool there. How would you react if your girlfriend, (who probably told you this to make you feel good about yourself) started bragging to all of her friends that some incredibly hot dude (that isn't you) liked her?

That's a damn good example Sim. You should be a professor.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dyuen87 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:00 pm

!+) ouch. you were a bit clueless there. i know that having 2 girls after you is a great feeling, but if you're in a relationship you gota keep it to yourself, or your closest friends. if you're gona tell anybody, make sure it doesn't get back to your girl. cover your tracks.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:20 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:

That's a damn good example Sim. You should be a professor.

Yeah always put yourself in the other persons shoes in a situation like this, it helps you understand better where someone is coming from.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:27 pm

When your girlfriend first brought this up to you, you shoud have let it died then and there. If you were serious with this girlfriend, you could say something cheesy like 'that's alright, I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would like to be dating you too, but I have you and you have me.' Not only would you have completely defused the situation, but you would have earned some points in the process. You can still make this right. Everyone likes to be recognized, whether it be accomplishments or their appearance. To have someone appreciate those qualities in you, it makes you feel good, and that's normal. If a good looking guy, or anyone for that matter, told her that her hair looked great or that her nails looked nice, she would take it as a compliment and feel good about it. This is how you should take this back to your girlfriend. Maybe you went a little overboard, but you were just honored to have someone appreciate one or more of your qualities. Should have probably downplayed the 'hot girl' part, because this probably makes your girlfriend think she isn't hot or as hot. Let her know that it doesn't matter that this girl likes you. You possibly could go out with her, but you've chosen your current girlfriend. You have some making up to do, if you care, and flowers go a long way.

Ok, I said my piece. I'm going to go change the oil in my truck and drink a couple beers to regain my manhood. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:07 pm

Dude... She was testing you and you failed. If you really like her, you're going to have to do some serious work to get over this one.

Sorry... :-/

On the flip side, there is something to be said for a woman who feels the need to test you like that. By doing that, she shows that she didn't have total faith/trust in you to do the right thing. Of course, you cannot bring that up now because , hindsight being 20/20, she'll just point out what you did and say that she was obviously justified for not trusting you.

But that answer really dodges the main issue, doesn't it? Had you even noticed this girl before she brought this up? Did you even care what she thought of you? If not, then your girlfriend's Eve and you're Adam. Sure, you shouldn't have eaten the apple, but she also sure as hell shouldn't have put it in front of your face in the first place.

My wife does not play these sorts of games with me. She doesn't do that typically-female thing where they exaggerate what you say and jump off the cliff of logic to turn an innocent statement into an insult about her appearance or manner. And that's why she's my wife.

Honestly, here's what I think you should do. If you like her and want to stay with her, you need to do something dramatic to show her that you only want her. Once you've done that, you have to have a serious conversation with her and tell her that you didn't appreciate her setting you up like that. Tell her that you never noticed that girl before and you would have never even had a thought like that in your head if she hadn't gone and put that out there.

If she blows up about that, she's not the one dude. Seriously. If she takes your comments and understands what you are saying, then be glad. More women will do the former than the latter.

Good luck
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk