which do u prefer roto or H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

which do u prefer roto or H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

which do u prefer roto or H2H

Postby RiverRats » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:58 pm

I prefer H2H. Roto is boring. If you fall behind in a category you trade it away to strengthen a different cat. Thats baseball???
I like the week-to-week aspect of H2H, playing different teams.
What about you?
RiverRats

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:02 pm

same here h2h all the way more fun.

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:09 pm

I like Roto better, because it is less dependent on luck and is a representation of the whole season. H2H allows for too much luck- as in WHEN players play well.

This would be better done as a poll IMO
blankman

Postby jdh » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:11 pm

Roto. h2h is based too much on luck, and less on the ability to understand and project player performance over the long haul. What I also hate about h2h is that everything comes down to the playoffs, which means that an awesome season can go down the tubes due to an ill-timed injury, your best pitcher blowing up, etc. The h2h playoffs are also at a time of year when many teams out of contention are resting their studs and letting minor leaguers get playing time, which further makes it a crap shoot.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiverRats » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:23 pm

To you Roto's..
Luck??? Because somebodys in a slump you dont like it?? Thats baseball!!! Slumps and hot streaks. Pujols is in a minor slump currently. Do I bench him for a couple of games? Or ride it out?
Playoffs are fun. As in real life anything can happen. The Yankees arent in the World Series every year. They get dumped in the playoffs.
I'm in my 1st Roto league. How interesting is it when you fall hopelessly behind in a cat or 2. Little chance to catch up and gain points. What about BA, ERA, WHIP?? They are averages, and the later the season, the less increase/decr in them. If you are behind in these 3 cats, dont expect to gain points unless your team starts hitting at a .400 clip thruout the remainder of the season.
Roto....I'm not convinced yet.
RiverRats

Postby DanteNoX » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:29 pm

I'd most like to play in a H2H league without playoffs. I like H2H because i only have to be concerned with my team and my opponents; every time Arod hits another HR i don't have to think about how thats hurting my team. Only 15 players can do something that hurts my team on any given day. I can follow the rest of baseball without concern :-B
Yankees for life
DanteNoX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pilambp » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:29 pm

I think it really depends. H2H leagues are so much more fun, while roto leagues require more strategy and patience. You definately need a different mindset to play each one. Trades may be good in one type, terrible in the other. An example of this is the importance of closers. Take Jose Mesa for example. If he gets me 3 saves one week, I win a category. If he blows up twice another week, he loses me two categories. In ROTO, you take a look at his season on a whole and evaluate his performance.

When I'm playing against my friends, there is no substitute for a H2H league. But against complete strangers where there is (usually) less trading and less talk, roto is the way to go.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Giants Rule » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:45 pm

My friends and I did roto last year and H2H, keeper (with playoffs) this year. H2H we found out are waaay much more fun. I like the weekly drama and results right away so we know where we stand. I also like the weekly trash talking, taunting and trade talks. I agree that roto takes more planning and patience but I like results. We have a system of 1st and 2nd half playoffs (with World Series for the finale) and consequently we also have the keg playoffs whereas the loser will buy the keg for next year's draft.
Giants Rule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyMafia » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:12 pm

My league has h2h and does mtd and ytd roto stats. I like it because you need good starters but also good overall team depth.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:23 am

RiverRats wrote:I'm in my 1st Roto league. How interesting is it when you fall hopelessly behind in a cat or 2. Little chance to catch up and gain points. What about BA, ERA, WHIP?? They are averages, and the later the season, the less increase/decr in them. If you are behind in these 3 cats, dont expect to gain points unless your team starts hitting at a .400 clip thruout the remainder of the season.
Roto....I'm not convinced yet.

Roto all the way. There's too much bending of the rules in h2h. Starting as many pitchers as possible to win the wins, k catagories and roster churning to prevent your opponent from doing it. H2h with a max. roster moves is the only h2h league I'd play in.

As far as Roto goes, I've played for quite awhile now. I've never been hopelessly behind in a single catagory. There is always a way to make up the ground. Just don't wait until it's too late. Trade from your strengths to improve your weaknesses. Anyway it's roto all the way for me! ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers