Anything about Emil Brown (KC) ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Anything about Emil Brown (KC) ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anything about Emil Brown (KC) ?

Postby X1088LoD » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:43 pm

Can anyone tell me anything about Emil Brown, i dont have much to go on except his numbers. I am in a 20 team very deep head to head league that uses LF, CF, and RF instead of OF, and he is my starting LF, while I would like to upgrade at this position, I dont much like giving up anyone else I have at the moment, but I would like to find out more about him. I honestly did not even know he existed until this year and I drafted him very late because I needed a LF and his stats were not too shabby. So any information anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

Will he get upwards of 500 AB's? Is he a lock to start in the outfield? Will he split time with a young guy like Guiel? Health issues?
X1088LoD
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly Pride » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:36 pm

On the Royals, no one's a lock for anything.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby klvrdude » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:57 am

I dont' know much about KC situation, b/c who really cares, but I think he's got a starting position....and depending on your league settings he may get some extra eligibility. Here's some information I recently read about him:

Brown had not been in the majors since 2001, but given his chance in 2005 the 30 year-old acquitted himself well at the plate, basically duplicating the numbers he had produced in AAA the three prior seasons. I think that he will be able to essentially duplicate those numbers in 2006, and hopefully the move from right field to left field will help him defensively. It couldn’t hurt.

Here's the full article: http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/fil ... ty_royals/
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:28 pm

I think Brown has 20-20 potential, but he wont hit more than .275 and that is a stretch.

I plan on making him a $1-$3 flyer in my mixed deep league. I had him last year and he was a great FA pickup
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FightingOysterBrains » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:33 pm

IF Sweeeny and Sanders stay healthy look for Browns numbers to go up. .280 20-80-20 in the 5 hole
FightingOysterBrains
T-Ball Trainer

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:58 am

I think that he's a bit long in the tooth to pull off 20/20. If he could do that, he'd have done it by now.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby FightingOysterBrains » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:46 pm

He's stolen bases went up throughout the year, not down. He had 4 in Sept alone. that he swiped 10 out of 11 also suggest that given the opportunity to steal more, he can pull it off. Its hard to justify stealing when your teams down 7 runs. I think the Royals will play more games closer this year, which will give him more opportunities to run. Also, after Brown in the 5 hole the offense takes a bit of a dive, so they will need to "create" runs which will bring more steal opportunites Browns way. Also look at the catchers in that division. Except for Ivan, not exactly guys that are gonna stop an above average base stealer. This is just my opinion as to why I think he's a great late rd pick. As he gets to 15-17 SB I think the Royals will push for the 20-20 cause they are gonna need something to root for this year.
FightingOysterBrains
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Injuries & Player Updates