Strategy for 12th and 13th pick in 5x5 Roto Non-keeper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Strategy for 12th and 13th pick in 5x5 Roto Non-keeper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:10 pm

The_Idiot wrote:I guess that I am assuming taht I will have a crack at only one of Cabera or Wright. The other will be off the board. If this is true, what do I do with the other pick. Should I go with the best player avaiable or reach a little and stick to the infield i.e. Young, Tejada, Figgins, Utley...otherwise I will most likely be taking an outfielder like Bay, Abreu or Ichiro.

Best player available. I went w/ Bay when I could get him and got Bay and Young in the other league I'm in. I've had BUNCHES of offers for Bay so far, none for Wright though. I think that you really have to be prepared for anything b/c those guys after the top few are really wildcards and personal preference plays a big part in it.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gang Green » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I would take Wright/Cabrera with one pick, and Bay with the other.

;-D
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bselig » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:02 pm

How about something like Utley and Tejada here...then in rounds 3-4 focus on getting your two big bats, maybe target guys like Hafner, Howard, Helton (oddly all H's). Those sluggers might approach guys like Ortiz and Teixiera this year while Utley and Tejada will probably significantly outperform most others at their positions.
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BGbootha » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:49 pm

bselig wrote:How about something like Utley and Tejada here...then in rounds 3-4 focus on getting your two big bats, maybe target guys like Hafner, Howard, Helton (oddly all H's). Those sluggers might approach guys like Ortiz and Teixiera this year while Utley and Tejada will probably significantly outperform most others at their positions.

Hafner won't be there for 3.12 (pick 36!!)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brewcrew4you » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:52 am

Take the two best bats... Wright, Mcab, Abreu, Bay, Tejada, Ortiz, two of the 6 should be there.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:27 am

BGbootha wrote:
bselig wrote:How about something like Utley and Tejada here...then in rounds 3-4 focus on getting your two big bats, maybe target guys like Hafner, Howard, Helton (oddly all H's). Those sluggers might approach guys like Ortiz and Teixiera this year while Utley and Tejada will probably significantly outperform most others at their positions.

Hafner won't be there for 3.12 (pick 36!!)

He is in some drafts especially as a utility player who has never had 500 AB's and at best will get 1B eligible which is the deepest position by far. I know the cafe is super high on him and people are taking him too early but it doesn't mean he goes that early in every draft.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers