Alex Gonzalez and Alex Cintron owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gonzalez and Alex Cintron owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Gonzalez and Alex Cintron owners

Postby BoSox Fan » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:56 am

Both of these guys were off to fast starts and after a lot of talk about a "Breakout Season", I've watched their averages steadily drop to .300. They still sport decent .884 and .847 OPS for shortstops but is this the beginning of the end? Are they the real deal or have the pitchers found a hole in their swing? Thoughts?
BoSox Fan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jockpunk » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:58 am

I traded A Gonz for Tejada about 2 weeks ago when gonz was hitting .325. I see him finishing the year at about .260. Total fluke.
Jockpunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IchiBalls » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:06 pm

I'm hanging onto Cintron since I just got him less than a week ago in 2 leagues. Being eligible at 2b, 3b, and ss makes him worth having patience for and he it isn't like hasn't gotten any hits. Obviously nobody was interested in him in my leagues or I wouldn't have been able to get him in the first place, so I have no hopes to trade him. I'll just drop him if someone more interesting shows up on the waiver wire.

oh, and that Tejada trade? INSANE!
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hingie » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:13 pm

well, if i had them i'd probably hang on unless a KILLER trade comes along for example TEJADA whos really hotting up, for one of them!!! KILLER deal!!
"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Phatjimmy » Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:25 pm

Tejada for Agon. That is funny and disturbing. It makes me happy knowing that I will never see a trade like that in any of my leagues.
"This was supposed to be the summer of George!!!"
Phatjimmy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Super GM » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:33 pm

Don't we just all dream about trades like that coming along??! For most of us that dream probably won't come true. My dream is still trading Alex Cintron for Alex Rodriguez. :-)
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jockpunk » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:53 pm

Beleive it or not, the guy who did it is a pretty tough owner who is currently in 4th (im in 5th). He usually gets the better end of all his trades, but i guess he was just fed up with tejada. I should mention that i did throw in looper, and he needed saves.
Jockpunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:27 pm

Jockpunk wrote:I traded A Gonz for Tejada about 2 weeks ago when gonz was hitting .325. I see him finishing the year at about .260. Total fluke.

Hes not a fluke. His ops right now is 884, compared to his career 656. No one expected him to remain at 330. His career average is 240. If he ends up at 280, thats quite a jump. Hes made himself into a decent player, and at 26, hes still pre peak. He could be a annual 20-80 270 ss, not too shabby.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby 240Z » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:15 am

Gonzalez is a streaky player. He usually has one bad game then gets frustrated with himself and goes into a bad slump. The Fish have had Ozzie Guillen on him making sure he keeps his head up and so far it seems to be working. I wouldn't call him a fluke, he has looked like a stud all year, but in the last few games I've noticed that usual frustrated and impatient look. Hopefully he gets it under control and stays above .300 for the rest of the year.
240Z
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BoSox Fan » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:52 pm

Does it matter that Cintron is batting third whereas Gonzalez is batting towards the bottom of the Marlin's order?
BoSox Fan

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers