my first two teams this year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

my first two teams this year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lefty31mazur » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:54 pm

here is my take on Sheets

I don't know what muscle he tore but it was on the back of the shoulder so muscle he tore last year was likely a de-accelerator. You can only accerlerate you arm as fast as you can de-accelerate it. As a former minor leaguer I can say that those muscles are under the most stress. I had chronic problems in that area...it was not fun. My guess is that he is going to build scar tissue and he will have to break that down every time out before that muscle can grow regularly. I know what this is like. The dull ache and weakness are things to expect along with tightness and a slower recovery until he is 100%. It might take all spring but he can eventually return to form. I just would not expect a hot start to the season for him. The real danger with this kind of injury is if this muscle group is not doing its job it can put a lot of stress on the rotator or even the elbow. That is what all the caution is about.

As for Tejeda...I'm not big on Gordon as a closer in Philly, that bullpen could go wrong, Tejeda is next in line??
You might actually get some saves from Linebrink.
Rowand's breakout might just be an re-enactment of 2004...he was in a favorable park last year with a team that liked to steal.
Bill Hall is going to have less playing time this year.
Hardy might be wishfull thinking as a starter in a yahoo public league...I think I-Rod has seen his better days go by along with the steroid era. Blalock is over-rated. I bet P. Wilson was a good later round pick.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:02 pm

I wouldn't be so desperate to trade Howard, he was great in limited time last year, and PECOTA supposedly loves his chances this year... this is the same prediction system that predicted a big year from Gomes last year and Wily Mo the year before, so I tend to agree with it on stuff...

Relievers with a chance to close: Anyone who makes the Braves bullpen (specifically Devine, who has k'd 14 in 7 innings this spring, and Cox is NOT afraid to make rookies closers), Hermanson, Shinji Mori, Looper could save 5 or 6 during Isringhausen's routine trip to the DL, Baez, R. Soriano.

That's a solid 20 team team, though I am not a big Rios fan...Also I would try to only mix Gathright in when you know he will start and instead start Chris Shelton... unless Tampa starts regularly using Gathright as a pinch runner...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Team 2 Pitching is awesome, but really not any studs on Offense, just Berkman and Dunn but he kills your average. Just seems to one sided of a team. You will need Rowand to bust out or you will be hurting. I would trade one of Peavy and Santana for someone like Harden and a stud bat maybe.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Postby itodd » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:31 am

MentalPowerHouse wrote:Team 2 Pitching is awesome, but really not any studs on Offense, just Berkman and Dunn but he kills your average. Just seems to one sided of a team. You will need Rowand to bust out or you will be hurting. I would trade one of Peavy and Santana for someone like Harden and a stud bat maybe.

yea, i'm beginning to realize how bad the offense is on my yahoopublic league, i will begin to shop Peavy i guess. I really wish someone would take a chance on Clemens.
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jonesboyz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:40 am

for your first team, considering it's 20 team, it looks retty good. 8/10

your pitching on your second team looks amazing. 7/10 (the hitting worries me)
jonesboyz Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dobie76 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:57 am

I think your teams look pretty balanced, the only thing I would offer is my rationale behind the draft is to go for at least one hitter that hits well above the 300 mark to make up for the Adam Dunn's of the world. The 300+ hitters are SO hard to come by.
Good Job and Good Luck~
dobie76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:50 pm

I think that your first team looks decent for a 20 team league.

For your second team, as everyone has said, I like your pitching, but pitchers are always more risky than hitters.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mills13 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:36 pm

I don't know too much about 20 team leagues since they're so hard so good job. Sorry I'm not much help.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team