my first two teams this year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

my first two teams this year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

my first two teams this year...

Postby itodd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:27 pm

i won 3 leagues in 2k4, but last year i got destroyed 'cause all my sleepers became mainstream (utley, young, santana, lidge) thus i wasnt able to fill my team out all with the ppl i have loved in 2k3/2k4, and all the guys i thought were going to go big again destroyed my teams (beltre, rolen, and thome in particular), and then i let my fan heart get in the way and i probably gave up too much to get brian roberts in a couple leagues, and his second half left much to be desired, BUT anyways... heres my two teams so far:

20person league ROTO:

c- I. Rodriguez
1- M. Teixeira
2- B. Roberts
3- H. Blalock
S- B. Crosby
O- A. Rowand
O- P. Wilson
O- A. Rios
U- J. Gathrigh
B- C. Sheldon
B- L. Matos
B- D. Young (TB,OF)

SP- B. Sheets
SP- A. Pettitte
RP- B. Lidge
RP- S. Linebrink
P- D. Cabrera
P- D. Wheeler
P- L. Ayala
B- J. Verlander
B- L. Hawkins

regular ol' public yahoo league:

c- R. Hernandez
1- L. Berkman
2- R. Durham
3- M. Mora
S- C. Barmes
O- A. Dunn
O- C. Tracy
O- A. Rowand (i really think he's breakin out this year)
U- R. Howard
B- A. Beltre
B- R. Baldelli
B- B. Wilkerson

SP- J. Santana
SP- J. Peavy
RP- F. Cordero
RP- C. Ray
P- B. Colon
P- B. Myers
P- R. Clemens
B- D. Cabrera
B- D. Wheeler
Last edited by itodd on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby itodd » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:06 pm

anyone? :-D
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blackmarketbaby » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Team One: Perhaps trades for a cheap closer or two? Also, is Gathright starting? Wilson will start, but you can't walk down the street without bumping into somebody claiming to be an outfielder for the Astros.

Team Two:
Hall isn't a starter. One more closer would help. I'm also bearish on Rowand. He reminds me of Brian Giles. Everybody likes him, but his numbers are mediocre.

Trades:
I don't like either. Losing Berkman puts Howard at first, which puts Beltre at UT...and that's no good. As for the second one, Peavy is worth all three of those guys.

Please check my sig.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby itodd » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:40 pm

hah.. the Outfield for the Astros is as crowded as the outfield for the O's ;) . I doubt Gathright will start, but when he is in the lineup, you're damn near guaranteed a steal, and that first team is part of a 20! person league, so i was digging ridiculously deep, thats why i have 3 incredible setup men (ayala, linebrink, wheeler) and since posting i picked up L. Hawkins, so thats 4 guys with legitimate chances at closing at some point over the year, I don't really see who i can trade to try to get any real closers in that league.

I know i need to get a real 2b, but who would i trade, Howard? do you think i could get b. Roberts for Howard? hmmm

i wasnt able to add that much to the discussion on you two teams, but thanks for the thoughts on mine:)
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blackmarketbaby » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:06 pm

F Lopez is a great value at 2nd. R Weeks is supposed to breakout this year, but if you pick him up and he's a bust, forget this post. Anybody interested in Clemens?

No more digs about Team O's!! :-]
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby itodd » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:12 pm

i LOVE the Orioles, i was born and halfraised in Maryland, (the other half raised been here in Houston area) so Astros and Orioles are my teams... but why is someone with a "Go Yanks!" in their avatar liking the O's ? suuuspiiciiouuuss..

both leagues arent very chatty on their bulletin boards :-o and never seem to give me counter trades.

I'll look to go after Lopez, as i'm sure whoever got Weeks is expecting that breakout year, and thus wanting too much for him.

the guy just tried to give me Chen straightup for Clemens, I declined that offer. and I just sent an offer out for Myers/Ray for Sheets/Clemens, wonder if'll take that, since Sheets is looking like his injurys reawakening... and Clemens is more likely than not to retire :(
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby itodd » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:10 pm

bump, bumpbump, bump
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rapps5 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:08 pm

on the 20 team league: great quality around the IF for a huge league like this. your entire pitching staff depends on sheets health (and that would concern me if I were you). see what kind of starters you could trade for that have bigger upside than cost.

check me out:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=175563
Rapps5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby saldogg » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:12 pm

both teams are very good... i LOVE the santana/peavy combo on team 2...
saldogg
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby itodd » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Rapps5 wrote:on the 20 team league: great quality around the IF for a huge league like this. your entire pitching staff depends on sheets health (and that would concern me if I were you). see what kind of starters you could trade for that have bigger upside than cost.

check me out:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=175563

word... well I just sent a trade that'd send teix/sheets to someone for howard/m.holliday/j.peavy ... i wonder if he'll take it.
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team