This is the worst day ever!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

This is the worst day ever!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This is the worst day ever!!!

Postby Phatferd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 pm

I am heading home for Spring Break from Phoenix to Orange County. I get about 2 hours away and all of a sudden my car breaks down. I call AAA and they only cover up to 5 miles...well it took 30 miles to get to Buckeye which is $5 a mile after 5. So I'm already payin over $100. I get to the shop that he takes me to and this town is a podunk town in the middle of nowhere and looks pretty sleazy. Anyway, he says he will fix it, but it could take a week because he's booked up.

I am now freaking out because I know nobody well enough within 5 hours away to come pick me up. I tell the guy I will pay whatever it costs to drive me to the nearest big town and he said he knows another mechanic in the town he will try before he does that...He takes me there, but it can't be fixed unti tomorrow because he needs the part, but its gonna be 750 bucks and I already paid 100 for the tow, 100 for the hotel and 100 for the diagnosis and I am a poor college student!!!

This blows.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:59 pm

No I disagree, your worst day was when you ran away from that MILF...... :-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Damn man. Hopefully things get better for you. :-o

Cars these days, eh?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Phatferd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:45 pm

The crappy thing is my car is worth like $1,200 and this is costing me like $1,100 and I would rather just forget the thing and leave it, but I have no other option because I have nobody to help me out. I am literally 5-6 hours away from anyone I know.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theclefe » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:27 pm

Phatferd wrote:The crappy thing is my car is worth like $1,200 and this is costing me like $1,100 and I would rather just forget the thing and leave it, but I have no other option because I have nobody to help me out. I am literally 5-6 hours away from anyone I know.

How are you on the internet then? The hotel?

Ditch the car and hitch a ride home. Hot chicks always pick up stray hitch hikers.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 pm

I'm at a Day's Inn off the highway...It's about 10 miles from the garage. The owner of the garage was cool enough to drop me off and he's picking me up in the AM. I don't know what I would have done if he didn't.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dannyolbb » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:06 pm

I know where you're coming from. When I was 21, I got stuck in Lafayette, LA for a month when my car threw a rod. I had to get a job in a greasy spoon and spent a fortune fixing my car.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LiveForever » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:31 pm

dannyolbb wrote:I know where you're coming from. When I was 21, I got stuck in Lafayette, LA for a month when my car threw a rod. I had to get a job in a greasy spoon and spent a fortune fixing my car.

THATS AWESOME! I mean not that you had to spend a fortune on your car but the story in general. Like out of a movie or something.

Get a Honda they never break down. ;-D
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theclefe » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:34 pm

LiveForever wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:I know where you're coming from. When I was 21, I got stuck in Lafayette, LA for a month when my car threw a rod. I had to get a job in a greasy spoon and spent a fortune fixing my car.

THATS AWESOME! I mean not that you had to spend a fortune on your car but the story in general. Like out of a movie or something.

Get a Honda they never break down. ;-D

Another option is never drive in the middle of nowhere. Move to the east coast.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 pm

That is an awesome story! What made you decide to stay and get a job there. If I have to stay another day I am getting in a greyhound and leaving my car behind.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk