End of Auction $1 to $3 SP's? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

End of Auction $1 to $3 SP's?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

End of Auction $1 to $3 SP's?

Postby DoomDaddy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:08 pm

5X5,H2H,12 team auction-who are good targets to p/u toward the end of a draft....any surprise or breakout contenders??
DoomDaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Jason Vargas of the Marlins is my best bet.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:21 pm

Jae Wong Seo, Odalis Perez, Brandon McCarthy, Chris Young, Chris Capuano, Jon Garland, Jose Contreras, Francisco Liriano, Aaron Heilman, John Papelbon are guys I see going cheaply at the end of drafts.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Jae Wong Seo, Odalis Perez, Brandon McCarthy, Chris Young, Chris Capuano, Jon Garland, Jose Contreras, Francisco Liriano, Aaron Heilman, John Papelbon are guys I see going cheaply at the end of drafts.

In a 12 team league Garland, Capuano and probably even Contreras will go for more than that. Liriano too if it is a keeper.

Chris Young is a good target, I expect Doug Davis to rack up the SO. Chacin may be worth a look, Matt Cain, Derek Lowe. If he can cut down on the HR against Weaver could be a very good bargain.

At this point in the draft I also like to look for some good relievers who have a chance of getting some saves - Mike Gonzalez if he is not already taken, Borowski, Chirs Ray etc.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:56 pm

Yeah I agree . In my AL only Conteras went for $9.00 last year. Liriano if he makes the team will go for that and maybe a little higher.Usually when we get to the end of the draft the starting pitching is weak. Very weak.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)

Postby klvrdude » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:00 am

I don't think you're gonna find a CY in the pool of $3-$1 players, but here's are some to target IMHO:

Cain, Morris, Penny, Liriano, Seo, Silva (great K:BB, but not so great K/9)

More risky options would be Bedard or Chen, especially playing in the AL East.

Also keep an eye on Grienke's "depression". If traded he could be a huge pickup.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WittyC » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:11 am

Any of the three from the bottom end of FLA's rotation: Vargas, Olsen, and I actually like Mitre a lot, too.

One guy I think is worth a late flier is Ted Lilly. If he can bounce back to his '04 stats (think 4.00 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 170 K's), he could potentially hit 12-15 wins.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers