Please explain the Max IP and Max Games Played limits? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please explain the Max IP and Max Games Played limits?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please explain the Max IP and Max Games Played limits?

Postby merc » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:47 pm

I am in a 10 team, H2H, Yahoo league and someone mentioned this in another thread in the Trade forum here on FBC. Our settings don't mention anything about this at all and I can't find where to find what the limits are or even if they are valid for our league... except for this:

Teams receive full fantasy credit for all stats accumulated at a position on the day the innings pitched or games played maximum is reached at that position.
So, if your league features three outfield positions and a games-played limit of 486 OF games, a team could exceed that number if they started a day with 485 games used and played three outfielders the day the limit was reached.

Similarly, if a team enters play one inning under the IP cap and accumulates 22 innings pitched, all 22 innings will count in fantasy scoring.

Beginning the following day in both cases, no additional fantasy stats would be earned at those positions.

Could someone please explain what this means, in FB rookie terms, and where I can find out if any of it concerns our league?

Thanks for your help!!!
merc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm

Click League-->Settings

You can see what settings your league has.

It means you needs to keep an eye on your player usage, so you need to take advantage of match-ups.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby merc » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks teddy for the help... but, I already did that and here is all it says:
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 20, 2006
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Min Innings Pitched: 7
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, IP, W, SV, K, ERA

Since there is no mention of any Max IP or Max games... does that mean we have no limit on either of them???

While we're at it though... what does "Min Innings Pitched: 7" mean?

Thanks again!
merc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukrneal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:08 pm

What is written only concerns roto and not H2H. So don't worry about it. It doesn't concern that league.

BUt what he's referring is the following: In roto (where you accumulate stats all season long), you can set limits to the number of games or innings played. For example, you set the number of games at any position to 162. THat means that every position can only play 162 games for the year. Let's say you play your shortshop all 162 games and he plays all 162 games. And let's say that you haev a reserve ss who has a game on the final day. You won't be able to add his stats (or any others) at that particular position. With OF, you will have 486 (3 x 162).

But in pitching it works differently. Let's say you have 1500 innings as a maximum, but on the last day of the season you have 1 inning reamianing. You start 3 SP and 2RP. ANd they total 23 innings. Instead of yahoo picking which inning to include, it takes them all. ANy day subsequent to passing the limit will not be included. This means that in roto, you need to carefully monitor innings pitched. If you reach the threshold too soon, you'll have missed saves and maybe wins. If you don't get close enough, too few wins and K's. You can also work the last day you run out of innings to add a few innings (and stats) that you really should not be able to, but can through a quirk in the rules.

Again, doesn't concern H2H.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:10 pm

It appears to me that you don't have an IP limit.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby merc » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:10 pm

Ah good... thanks ukrneal and Thursday for the help!

What does the "Min Innings Pitched: 7" mean?

Thanks again!
merc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukrneal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:12 pm

Min innings pitched means you must pitch seven innings in a given week or you will lose all pitching catgories. As long as you go over (which I expect you will since IP is a category), your score will be counted that week.

I would suggest reading the rules in yahoo. I think most of this is there. And might be better explained.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 pm

If you are playing head to head settings, you cannot have a maximum IP, only a minimum.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby merc » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Thanks again ukrneal.. for your very patient help with these dumb rookie questions.

What does the "DL" stand for at the end of the roster positions settings?
"Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL"

All the other positions listed are there when I look at my team's roster, but there is no position (or anything) listed as "DL"?

EDIT: Thanks to you too for the help chadlincoln!
merc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:19 pm

Once the season begins and teams move players in real life to he Disabled List, you can move guys there and it frees up a roster spot. Once that person comes off the DL in real life and Yahoo takes them off, you cannot make any Add/Drops/Trades until you drop someone from your team, either someone you added, had on your team already, or the DL guy himself. DL guys are updated once MLB teams in real life put guys on the DL at the beginning of the season.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers