Ankiel has another impressive start. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ankiel has another impressive start.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:44 am

timkell wrote:I disagree. It definitely could hurt. He should stay in AA all season, no matter how well he pitches.

Then, he should start in AAA next season, and stay there for half the season, no matter how well he pitches.

This guy clearly needs to be convinced he's capable at every level, or he could suffer a major setback in confidence.

The Cardinals should have learned their lesson by now with him. Don't look at his numbers. Just let him come along slowly. He's clearly got the stuff to pitch in the majors, but his head is the problem.

One more time getting called up and blown out and his career could be done. Better to wait another year with slow, steady progress under the radar before bringing him back up.

I'd rather have him for ten years after waiting one more year, than to have him for three months and never play him again.

Very well said. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:39 am

timekell nailed it! Well done! ;-D ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:26 am

timkell wrote:I disagree. It definitely could hurt. He should stay in AA all season, no matter how well he pitches.

Then, he should start in AAA next season, and stay there for half the season, no matter how well he pitches.

This guy clearly needs to be convinced he's capable at every level, or he could suffer a major setback in confidence.

The Cardinals should have learned their lesson by now with him. Don't look at his numbers. Just let him come along slowly. He's clearly got the stuff to pitch in the majors, but his head is the problem.

One more time getting called up and blown out and his career could be done. Better to wait another year with slow, steady progress under the radar before bringing him back up.

I'd rather have him for ten years after waiting one more year, than to have him for three months and never play him again.

;-D I just emailed that to STL home office. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby timkell » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:28 pm

Thanks for the props, guys! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think I'm gonna :~( !!!

Hehehe.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hingie » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:05 am

...and theres me, the guy who made an off-hand remark relating more to STL's pitching...the guy who timkell disagreed with... aarghhh i think i'm gonna cry to but in a different way...

(It really was an off-hand remark. Boo hoo :~( )

Ah well. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.... Well said timkell!
"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers