Trading Races Starts Tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Trading Races Starts Tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:03 am

I thought it was good. I thought the white guy was an idiot at first for basically blowing off the idea of racism, but he had a point. He just feels that racism is a result of a self-fulfilling prophecy. On the other side, the black father is certain that people are racist. The way they edited it, they made it look like they were both right - and they are.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:50 am

I DVR'd it...probably watch it sometime within the week
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:15 pm

Is this where white people dress black and black people dress white?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:Is this where white people dress black and black people dress white?

Yes.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby BGbootha » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:38 pm

My $0.02.....

Personally I was kinda looking forward to this show, but I was extremely disappointed as someone pointed out the only two people on this whole show who are worth watching are the two kids....Although its an interesting subtopic that the kids don't see racism and the fathers are the ones looking for it.

I thought both fathers were worthless, they are not using this experiment to learn anything, they both have thier racial agendas and plan to use this to prove a point. For instance when the Black now white father went and bought shoes, and they put the shoe on for him. I thought it would be interesting to send the White now black dad in for the same thing and see if there was a difference, but they didn't they just concluded racism...I mean of course what else could it be, a good salesman, or maybe a store he hadn't shopped in before, nope he was a racist.

The daughter who turned black is by far the most interesting of the group, she is the only reason I would turn it back on again. Plus I think the moms are going to kill each other by the end of the show.

But the show would be much more interesting if they lost thier personal agendas and actually used this opportunity to learn something, but hey why would humans now aday actually use a learning opportunity to learn something.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:15 pm

BGbootha wrote:My $0.02.....

Personally I was kinda looking forward to this show, but I was extremely disappointed as someone pointed out the only two people on this whole show who are worth watching are the two kids....Although its an interesting subtopic that the kids don't see racism and the fathers are the ones looking for it.

I thought both fathers were worthless, they are not using this experiment to learn anything, they both have thier racial agendas and plan to use this to prove a point. For instance when the Black now white father went and bought shoes, and they put the shoe on for him. I thought it would be interesting to send the White now black dad in for the same thing and see if there was a difference, but they didn't they just concluded racism...I mean of course what else could it be, a good salesman, or maybe a store he hadn't shopped in before, nope he was a racist.

The daughter who turned black is by far the most interesting of the group, she is the only reason I would turn it back on again. Plus I think the moms are going to kill each other by the end of the show.

But the show would be much more interesting if they lost thier personal agendas and actually used this opportunity to learn something, but hey why would humans now aday actually use a learning opportunity to learn something.

Is this show on fox...It could definitly be a good social experiment...but in the name of ratings it probably won't be
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:26 am

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Is this where white people dress black and black people dress white?

Yes.

Actually no. They use some sort of body paint to actually change color.

Was a strange show though. The fathers are the most interesting for me, as the black father insists there's racism everywhere, and the white father says there's no racism at all. Completely different opinions and I doubt they come to an agreement on anything.

Doubt I watch another episode, but then again, I have seen worse shows/movies/etc, so you never know.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk