Good old David Wells... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Good old David Wells...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Good old David Wells...

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:38 pm

Every now and then, a breath of fresh air comes out despute all the BS and bluster. Well said there Dave.

Rotoworld:
David Wells estimated that 95 percent of MLB players dislike commissioner Bud Selig and he's proud to be one of them.
"Bud Selig needs to resign. That's what he needs to do," Wells said. "He needs to resign and bring someone in who's capable of communicating with the players association and the owners, as well as the players, because there's so much hatred against Bud right now. It's a joke. Nobody likes him." Wells probably didn't say enough to get himself tagged with a suspension here, but there's a good chance this will help him draw at least one five-game penalty at some point during this season. "[Selig] worries about what people say about him and he Googles himself," Wells said. "I'm sure he's going to Google [his name] tomorrow and say, `Oh, there's Dave talking about me.' You know what? Be a man of your words. He's ducked me for two years."
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:41 pm

Even though he is a loudmouth Wells makes a good point. The commissioner's number one priority is supposed to be the best interests of the game not the best interests of the owners.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Even though he is a loudmouth Wells makes a good point. The commissioner's number one priority is supposed to be the best interests of the game not the best interests of the owners.

He is not well liked among certain owners either...including George.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:02 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Even though he is a loudmouth Wells makes a good point. The commissioner's number one priority is supposed to be the best interests of the game not the best interests of the owners.

Huh? The owners hire/fire the commissioner. The owners own major league baseball (yah, I know, tautological). So the best interest of major league baseball is the best interest of the owners. The commissioner's job is not the best interest of baseball in some weird, theoretical sense.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers