Centerfielder for the New York Mets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Centerfielder for the New York Mets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:48 pm

diesel99xx wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:.282 AVG, 24 HR, 84 RBI, 92 Runs, 31 SB

Lets say he puts up these numbers, he is def worth a 2nd round pick in my book then!

Really? I haven't actually calculated a dollar value for that, but those numbers don't seem too far off from a healthy Torii Hunter season. (Of course, this just could be that Hunter's generally underrated.)

But I would think that any player who hits .280 with 24 HR in the heart of that Mets lineup should have a good shot to do a bit better than those R/RBI projections.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby foulballstrike3 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:54 pm

I was under the impression that Wright was batting fifth, Floyd sixth.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:55 pm

I think projections are generally about right in this thread.

.280/25/25 with good periferrals sounds appropriate to me.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby phillibuster » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 pm

I don't know why everyone is so low on the SB projections. I'd say 30 easy....good chance at reaching 40. I have him at around
.270/26/99/35
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Webster11 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:24 pm

phillibuster wrote:I don't know why everyone is so low on the SB projections. I'd say 30 easy....good chance at reaching 40. I have him at around
.270/26/99/35

I was just thinking the same thing. Dont forget he was hurt last year, and because of that the mets weren't willing to let him run. He should be great for stolen bases this season since the Mets were one of the top teams in SBs and Beltran is one of the top players in terms of SB %.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 am

When he was healthy in the 2nd half of the year he stole 16 bases. I would say 35 - 40 is a good projection for him with 20-25 HR.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 am

Bing Hampton wrote:I've read a lot of crazy things around here, but Beltran batting fifth is pretty far out there. Even after last year's debacle, he has to be considered one of the best top of the order guys in real baseball. Omar brought him to be the face of the Mets, and there is virtually no chance he will be getting bumped down in the order.

lol agreed ..

even funnier was La Duca in the number two hole
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Brakes put on Beltran

Postby tallguy22 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:07 pm

The MEts may have given everyone the green light...but I watched 80 percent of the games, and I didn't see it for him. Bottom line, when superstars emerge, coaches, management, owners, PETA, the government, OSHA, and the players themselves prevent the star from stealing bases. Does the name Vladimir Guerrero ring a bell? He went from a 40/40 guy to 40/15. Hitting in front of Delgado will not hurt the stolen bases unless theres a 2 out and he's on first situation. Does anyone remember Sammy Sosa pre-steroids? (Ok, so that's an inaccurate alligation...I know. But to prove a point)

Superstars don't steal. Beltran will bounce back in all the other categories. he grounded to first 3892037 times last year and it made me sick to my stomach. Can I get an amen from a MEts fan in here?

20 steals. Max.
tallguy22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm

I don't completely disagree with your argument but if superstars don't run then why is Abreu still able to put up 30 steals a year when he's also making 13 mil a year?
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Brakes put on Beltran

Postby diesel99xx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:14 pm

tallguy22 wrote:The MEts may have given everyone the green light...but I watched 80 percent of the games, and I didn't see it for him. Bottom line, when superstars emerge, coaches, management, owners, PETA, the government, OSHA, and the players themselves prevent the star from stealing bases. Does the name Vladimir Guerrero ring a bell? He went from a 40/40 guy to 40/15. Hitting in front of Delgado will not hurt the stolen bases unless theres a 2 out and he's on first situation. Does anyone remember Sammy Sosa pre-steroids? (Ok, so that's an inaccurate alligation...I know. But to prove a point)

Superstars don't steal. Beltran will bounce back in all the other categories. he grounded to first 3892037 times last year and it made me sick to my stomach. Can I get an amen from a MEts fan in here?

20 steals. Max.

He was hurt last year, quad injury never healed then when he started to get on track, he collided with Cameron. Willie gives them all the green light, he will steal 30-40 bags this year.
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers