MLB.com - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MLB.com

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.com

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:15 am

I decided to go to MLB's site and buy a t-shirt - I wanted to get a WBC one, the Pujols Dominican t-shirt. I tried to order it online and it would not accept my order - it said it was a "restricted item". I do live in Canada, but the site does accept Canadian addresses. So I try phoning them - A lady answers and I tell what happened and she asks if I would like to try and order by phone to see if it is accepted so I said sure. She asked what I wanted and I said it was a WBC and she asked what that was and I had to explain it to her. I then said I wanted a t-shirt and she apparently has no idea how to work her computer - she says all there is under Dominican Republic is jerseys and I told that no, you offer t-shirts too - she played around and managed to find t-shirts - she asked what name I wanted and I said Pujols - she said what name is that, so I had to spell it for her - she said all I can find is some guy named "Orr-tiss" (her pronounciation) - I explained that no, you also sell Pujols' ones - she managed to find them and said they were only in children's sizes and I explained that no, they also sold them in adult sizes and after some time she found them - she then tried to put the order through and got the same "restricted item" message. I asked why and she couldn't really say so she put me through to customer service. Customer service was trying to figure it out and they accidently cut me off. Now I had to phone back and start all over - some guy answered this time and I said I wanted to be transfered back to customer service - he said he would hang up and I would have to push 2 and then push 3 - I said that the last lady just put me directly through and he said that nobody ever taught him how to do that - I follow his instructions and get connected to Mike's Sporting Goods who then have to transfer me back to MLB and then to customer service. Customer service then explains that there are just some things they can't ship - I said that I can understand that and I could see how it might be tough to mail a bat to Canada but all I wanted was a t-shirt. She said sorry but they couldn't mail it. I then told her I just got 2 t-shirts from the NFL so why is it any different for them to mail t-shirts. She couldn't explain. I was getting a little angry by now and I said that this wasn't a very good way to treat their Canadian fans and she just said sorry again. I told her that wasn't good enough and I wanted to know who I could lodge an official complaint with - she stated that there was no one, they have no complaint department, no one who accepts complaints (in other words if you're not happy with MLB, tough, we make billions of dollars and don't need you as a fan and we don't need your money as we have more than enough so get lost).
NFL.com was such a pleasure to deal with - got my Steelers Super Bowl t-shirts asap with a letter telling me what to do if I wan't happy, plus I had 2 e-mails as well. Apparently the NFL values its Canadian fans more. This is definitely the last damn time I buy anything baseball related!!!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 am

Sounds like a pain.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:08 am

8-o

That really stinks man. All that work and trouble for nothing? It's no wonder MLB is trying to get money wherever they can. They can't even run a gift shop for crying out loud. Morons. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:56 am

lol - you should be glad that the order never got processed. If they only have "Orr-tiss" DR shirts then if your order was processed the shirt that you wanted might have been delivered with "Poo-holes" on the back. :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Thursday » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:44 am

WOW! That was a great story to read, and actually a smidge funny as well. :-b

No complaint department??? What kind of an operation are they running over there???
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 am

The "No Complaint Department" reminds me of this thread:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172987

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:lol - you should be glad that the order never got processed. If they only have "Orr-tiss" DR shirts then if your order was processed the shirt that you wanted might have been delivered with "Poo-holes" on the back. :-b

hahah nice mookie...I think a Poo hole shirt would be hilarious though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:50 pm

I started laughing in the middle of your post and kept going to the end. That was funny. Sorry for your end because I CAN'T STAND customer service people and I feel bad for you, but it's always funny when it's not me. I waited on hold for 50 minutes with Etrade once. :-t
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Any chance ebay has them?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Zito is God » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:08 pm

No complain department actually means that there is a department and she could get fired if she transferred you there so to save her ass she lies and says there is no one. trust me, I worked in customer service a couple of years back, I did the exact same thing, if the customer was unhappy and wanted the complaint department, to save my own ass, I would just say we didn't have one sorry, blah blah blah.

There is ALWAYS a complaint department, its called a manager, and he controls who gets hired and who gets fired...

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk