Stuck With Pitching, How Can I Improve? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Stuck With Pitching, How Can I Improve?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stuck With Pitching, How Can I Improve?

Postby stubs5205 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:54 am

hey guys, just wondering what you like/dislike about the team, i had pick 9 out of 10 teams

c- michael barrett (16)
1b- richie sexson (5)
2b- tadahito iguchi (15)
ss- jhonny peralta (11)
3b- troy glaus (7)
of- carl crawford(2)
of- grady sizemore(6)
of- coco crisp (10)
of- brad wilkerson (17)
u- travis hafner(4)
Bench- Mike Jacobs (22), Jose Guillen (21)

SP- Johan Santana(1), Roy Oswalt(3), Barry Zito (9), AJ Burnett (12), Tim Hudson (13), Daniel Cabrera(18), Chris Young(19), Erik Bedard (20)

RP- Billy Wagner (8), Brian Fuentes(14)

normal categories with walks for hitters and complete games for Pitchers.
stubs5205
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zechs » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:16 am

If Luis Gonzalez (colorado) is available (or another multi-position player), I'd suggest to picking him up... he'd be very valuable as a backup since he can play alot of positions and he's an everyday player for the Rockies. You could then possibly make room to pickup a backup closer.

For a pitching-dominant squad, I think your batting lineup should be competitve enough and shouldn't hurt your team's overall fantasy stats much.
14tm.,H2H,8x8:
C-BMolina 1B-Votto 2B-Utley 3B-Youk SS-Furcal LF-JDamon CF-BJUpton
RF-ARios UT-DLee BN-Scutaro,CBlake,Schumaker DL-JReyes
SP-SBaker RP-ABailey P-Saito,Hawkins,JJohnson,Dempster,Danks,JShields,Garza
BN-Correia,JDuch,Rowland-Smith,JGarcia
zechs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lefty31mazur » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:49 am

If you are worried about your offence maybe you could pair Crisp and Oswalt for Abreu and a late round guy that you like (depending on who is on that roster)...Abreu gets twice the HR SB and BB that Crisp gets plus a bunch of RBI. Crisp is good though and he could have a better year this year. Iguchi might be the guy to improve on. Maybe you could pair Iguchi and Oswalt for Utley and a late rounder. I only say Oswalt because at the moment with the other pitchers you might not be able to get a hitter that is a dramatic improvement...and your staff could afford the loss. You have a good team and you might be better off waiting anyway if you can't find a trade right now. Maybe Cabrera, Young, and Bedard will have much greater value later on, good picks there. Zito is not likely to collect complete games especially with a solid bullpen. Glaus had some bad knees last year and he is no stranger to the DL...you might find a deal that gets you a comparable 3B if he has to have another cortizone shot mid way through the season because you can't afford the loss. Wilkerson was a great late pick, 84 BB last year and he could come closer to his 2004 numbers now that he is in Tex. Crawford is great but 27 BB last year? Absolutely spin him for Abreu if you can since your league has BB. BB might be overlooked by some managers in your league so look for an edge there a deal.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team