Just finished my draft...what do I need to improve? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just finished my draft...what do I need to improve?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just finished my draft...what do I need to improve?

Postby BraylonIsAStud » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:03 pm

This is a 12 team H2H scoring league. Traditional Yahoo! scoring method. I drafted from the 8th spot and here's how I ended up, whaddya think.

C-V. Martinez (Cle)
1B-P. Konerko (ChW)
2B-R. Weeks (Mil)
3B-M. Cabrera (Fla)
SS-J. Lugo (TB)
OF-C. Crawford (TB)
OF-P. Burrell (Phi)
OF-P. Wilson (Hou)
Util-T. Hunter (Min)
Bn-J. Willingham C (Fla)
Bn-L. Gonzalez Util. (Col)
Bn-O. Cabrera SS (LAA)
Bn-J. Vidro 2B (Was)

SP-C. Zambrano (ChC)
SP-L. Hernandez (Was)
RP-F. Rodriguez (LAA)
RP-M. Macdougal (KC) DL <---
RP-C. Reitsma (Atl)
P-B. Radke (Min)
P-J. Verlander (Det)
P-G. Chacin (Tor)
Bn-CC Sabathia (Cle)

---------------------------------------------------
Updated as of 4/11
Last edited by BraylonIsAStud on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BraylonIsAStud
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Revolucion » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 pm

Maybe AVG is your biggest shortcoming, with Weeks, Hunter, and Wilson. You could do something to improve in that area. Power and speed shouldn't be problems, and your pitching is decent. You may be a ble to package one of your 4 closers and one of those OFs for an upgrade in the OF.

Mine:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 43#1393843
Thanks.
Viva la Revolucion!
Revolucion
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:53 am

Try to find some better K guys for your pitching. In H2H you want to rack up as many as possible with each start. Erstad isn't a valuable bench asset in a 12 teamer, see if there's someone better on the WW (Brad Wilkerson??)
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby schmidty » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:37 am

Like others have said, I'd think there are much better 1B options on waivers than Erstad. I like Konerko, but it'd be good to have someone that you can either count on for producing during off-days, or a prospect that could pile up some good trade value down the road (Erstad is neither). Likewise, there are probably better bench options than Vidro too (and with Weeks being such a newbie, it'd be nice to have a back-up). Maybe Colorado's L Gonzalez is still available (290+ hitter, a little pop, eligible for all spots but C?

Still looking for help with my draft: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=174123
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BraylonIsAStud » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:50 pm

So far, I'm fairly happy with my draft however I was thinking maybe I should drop a bench hitter in order to pick up another SP. I'm wondering what route I should go here. Willingham is off to a hot start but I don't know if it will last. So...should I try to trade him or Martinez and try to get an SP? Would Cabrera be viable trade-bait for a lower-tier SP once Lugo comes off the DL or should I just drop someone like Torii Hunter and head to Waivers?

Some Starters on Waivers include Miguel Batista, Bronson Arroyo, Jeff Suppan and Jason Marquis.

What do you guys suggest?
BraylonIsAStud
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team