MLB Extra Innings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Extra Innings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB Extra Innings

Postby OmarCFL » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey guys... Im new to this fantasy baseball thing. I have always enjoyed the game of baseball and have always followed my New York Mets. I recently got DirecTV about 7 months ago. I have just ordered MLB Extra Innings and was wondering if anyone else here has ordered it also. I just wanted to know if it was really worth it. Im exited because I live in Orlando Florida and with MLB Extra Innings Im hoping I can see every single Mets game and then some. Just wanted to get your feedback on MLB Extra Innings.
OmarCFL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:44 pm

It's awesome and worth the money if you are a loser like me and spend way too much time inside watching baseball...It got so bad that I began buying the beer so my buddies would come over and watch instead of wanting to go out to bars. The only way I could convince them to come over was to buy the beer.

I don't remember if the Mets are on FSN, and are broadcast on Extra Innings. I am almost positive they are. You are lucky because the Angels are solely on FSN this year, they don't have a local channel deal with anyone so you get to watch the best team almost every single game!
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OmarCFL » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:47 pm

What would make it even better is if that New York Mets Network is put on DirecTV also like the Yes Network. Now that would be Great.
OmarCFL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Extra Innings

Postby bigjimblue » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Yes! It's definitely worth it. You will get most all the Mets games through the YES network. I get mine through the cable company and they usually give a special price if you buy early. Last year it was $119 instead of $149. I'm sure, like everything else, it will be more this year. You normally can see between 10 and 14 games each day.
bigjimblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 pm

If you are home a lot and will watch and than yea it is worth it. I personally prefer the MLB.TV! Even though its watching it on the computer with a high speed connection, the thing is sweet. + I don't need to be home to watch the games. As long as I am near a computer with High Speed Online- I can watch baseball ;-D

And MLB.TV is almost half the price of Extra Innings
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Hey I am NY born and raised currently living in North Carolina. The satellite/cable package (I get it through Time Warner) is a godsend. It's a little pricey but I couldn't live without it. Not only do I get to watch every Mets games but on off-days there's always a cool match-up going on somewhere else in baseball.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 pm

I got Extra Innings a couple years ago and discontinued it because I never caught enough games. The best is on the weekend during the way, when you can watch about 7-8 ball games at once.

Also fun to come home late on the weekdays and catch a west coast game. I wouldn't pay $150 for it, but it's something fun to have and let's you see those really cool pitching match-ups.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kentx12 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 pm

I have the extra innings and watch games most of the time that I am home but dont pay for nor would I pay for it. I really like it but dont believe it is worth the price.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:06 am

Worth every penny. 6 months of games for what amounts to well less than a dollar a day...come on. If you like basdeball, you are arguing over less than a cup of coffee a day. I bet many waste more at a breakfast/snack shop each day.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thegambler » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Hanging with my wife and kids, NFL Sunday ticket, playing softball, that is it! That is the list of things better then MLB Extra Innings.

Everything above is true.

If your a homebody and love baseball nothing is better.

If you are the type with a busy summer, out and about quite often Extra Innings is perfect because you don't have to stay home on a Saturday afternoon to watch the Fox game. you can do whatever you want and still come home and catch a game.

If it was socially acceptable I would drape myself in MLB Extra Innings.
thegambler Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers