Last years winning numbers...5x5 roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Last years winning numbers...5x5 roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:39 pm

As I said, I try to target being 5th or better in each category. In my league that will get me to 144+ points, and that should be in the hunt. I think that's a good strategy because you are bound to fall a point or two short insome areas, but can make it up in others. It also allows you to make reasonable deals in mid-summer to shore up minor weaknesses.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Iconoclastic » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:06 am

Winning totals:

HR 240, RBI 800, Runs 840, SB 120, AVG .295
W 90, K 1150, Whip 1.15, ERA 3.1, Sv 100

I used all the 5x5 roto 12 team leagues with regular position spots from leagues I participated in during the last several years to compile these numbers.

My goal in past years was to finish in the top 3 in each category; this year I'm going for more offense than years past as an experiment however.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:53 pm

xeifrank wrote:
swyck wrote:You wont be able to target the winning totals at each cat. In fact its not necessary to win at any cat. What you need to do is to have the highest average score across all cats.

Well yeah, that's obvious. He probably wants to know how many would win a category so he doesn't overkill in a category. Along the lines of if it takes 110 wins to win the win category, once you hit that figure look to improve in other areas. Of course this is a simplified example/explanation. :)

He may have trouble finding his data as the sample size for his exact league settings may be limited.

vr, Xei

Thats exactly what I want the numbers for. And I know that my league adds a couple Innings over some leagues and most leagues don't have MI or CI either...but I can fudge some numbers into that. It just gives me a place to start. And I'd use the numbers from my league last year but I don't have them.

Thanks for the help guys.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WittyC » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:37 pm

First off, I don't know how I missed that delightful thread, GTWMA, but thanks for doing the gathering/calculations and linking to it. You are the best! ;-D

I stumbled upon a curious notion that may need some investigation. Basically, I was wondering if the mobility for "placing" changes across the different categories or if it is just proportional to the size of stats in the category. For example, is it easier to go from fifth to fourth place in HR's than it is in SB's, percentage-wise?

I don't know... just a thought. It would require a break-down of the average placing in each category. At first glance the differences seem nominal, but it would be interesting if it turned out to be more efficient to finish fourth in HR but first in SB, that would be some good info to know.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers