USA vs. South Africa - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

USA vs. South Africa

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:02 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I think people are talking about it being a sham because of all the backouts and the fact the States are on one side and every other nation that can play is on the other side. Seems kind of like it's set up for the States to win.

I'm not sure why you think it is setup for the US to win?
There isn't an easy road for anyone to the finals.

I don't necessarily agree that it's set up for the US to win. But really Japan will be the only tough team that the US has to play to get to the finals, while on the other side The Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, and even Puerto Rico look to be strong.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BuckeyeSal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:03 pm

Phatfred- The game is at 1:00 on Friday too. I bought these tickets before the WBC time was announced. We were originally going to the Cubs game. I just need to get rid of the tickets and I haven't gotten a lot of love on Ebay etc. I'll try and take some pictures and post them here, if that's allowed?
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Re: USA vs. South Africa

Postby Cooner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:11 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:I hear all these experts giving it to the WBC and I understand some of their arguements. But just to give another side of it: I live in Scottsdale and I'm skipping work Friday and going with a whole group of buddies to see the game. We have lawn tickets, we're getting there a couple hours early so we can sit bascially behind the fence and watch Jr, Arod, Tex, Jeter, Damon, Utley, and Chipper hit BP. I'm going to have a couple dogs and about 5 beers and I get to watch the Rocket pitch a couple innings and at the same time watch 3-4 Hall of Famers play D behind him. And that's a bad idea? I'm pumped and it sounds pretty cool to me even if it is an just for show and they a bunch of stupid rules. It's like going to the All-star game at a minor league park.

Sounds like a blast! ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:17 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:Phatfred- The game is at 1:00 on Friday too. I bought these tickets before the WBC time was announced. We were originally going to the Cubs game. I just need to get rid of the tickets and I haven't gotten a lot of love on Ebay etc. I'll try and take some pictures and post them here, if that's allowed?

I would man, but I'm leaving Thursday to head home for Spring Break for a week. I've already made it down to the Angel's ST a few times this season, I really would love to see the Cubs too.

Thanks anyways.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:52 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I think people are talking about it being a sham because of all the backouts and the fact the States are on one side and every other nation that can play is on the other side. Seems kind of like it's set up for the States to win.

I'm not sure why you think it is setup for the US to win?
There isn't an easy road for anyone to the finals.

I don't necessarily agree that it's set up for the US to win. But really Japan will be the only tough team that the US has to play to get to the finals, while on the other side The Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, and even Puerto Rico look to be strong.

My point exactly. I'd even say the Puerto Ricans are better than the Japanese. So one side has the states and the other side has the next top 4 teams? Doesn't seem right too me.

BTW, I also think this tourney should be held after the season. Thats when you would probably get your best basbeall. But it really sounds like it would be an amazing day to watch all those great players play. But watching a 30-0 game doesn't thrill me.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BuckeyeSal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:08 pm

The game going on right now looks like the party to be at actually. Great game
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Previous