NCAAB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAAB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Duke
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:53 pm

UConn just went down. It is a sad day... :~( :~( :~(

Also, GW's loss is going to make one bubble team lose their chance, as now two A-10 teams will be in (GW and the conference champ). The MVC or the CAA will get screwed.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:17 pm

jzfran wrote:UConn just went down. It is a sad day... :~( :~( :~(

Also, GW's loss is going to make one bubble team lose their chance, as now two A-10 teams will be in (GW and the conference champ). The MVC or the CAA will get screwed.

UConn played like complete crap and still nearly won. If not for a buzzer beater running 3, there wouldn't have even been an OT.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby ironman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:43 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
jzfran wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:The MVC deserves 5 but chances are they get shorted for a team from a bigger conference. Creighton had a shot too but I think they came up short.

Ditto. The Tourney comittee is going to give preference to the bigtime teams with big fan bases. Northern Iowa, Creighton probably wont be in. I bet 2 teams come out of that conference, maybe 3.
Well SIUC is already in and Wichita State seems a lock to me. I think Bradley, Northern Iowa and Missouri State should all get in too but I'm guessing one or more gets screwed.

I'm guessing from the MVC that it's SIU, Wichita St, Bradley and UNI. I think UNI's win over MST in the tournament and the fact they beat a couple top 25 teams is what gives them the nod. It'll be interesting to see though and that's certainly one of the more interesting stories come sunday.

I'm also really interested to see which Iowa and UNC teams show up in the tournament. Both could be sleeper final 4 picks.

What's the word on Greg Brunner's ankle?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:31 pm

ironman wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
jzfran wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:The MVC deserves 5 but chances are they get shorted for a team from a bigger conference. Creighton had a shot too but I think they came up short.

Ditto. The Tourney comittee is going to give preference to the bigtime teams with big fan bases. Northern Iowa, Creighton probably wont be in. I bet 2 teams come out of that conference, maybe 3.
Well SIUC is already in and Wichita State seems a lock to me. I think Bradley, Northern Iowa and Missouri State should all get in too but I'm guessing one or more gets screwed.

I'm guessing from the MVC that it's SIU, Wichita St, Bradley and UNI. I think UNI's win over MST in the tournament and the fact they beat a couple top 25 teams is what gives them the nod. It'll be interesting to see though and that's certainly one of the more interesting stories come sunday.

I'm also really interested to see which Iowa and UNC teams show up in the tournament. Both could be sleeper final 4 picks.

What's the word on Greg Brunner's ankle?

From everything I've heard he's been practicing (albiet a light practice) and will not miss any time.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:23 am

UConn gonna win it all. ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 am

Not a big surprise but Missouri State got screwed. :-t
I can't believe Air Force got in instead of them.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby ironman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Not a big surprise but Missouri State got screwed. :-t
I can't believe Air Force got in instead of them.

Well, according to Billy Packer, its amazing the MVC is allowed to even play in the tournament.

What a tool. :-t
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby jzfran » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:48 pm

sorry Ironman...

The ACC is a far superior conference than the Missouri Valley (NOTE: I'm not saying the MVC is bad, I'm just saying the ACC is much better). The fact that these conferences got the same number of bids is ridiculous. Put 10 of the MVC teamas into the AC and they would be in last or 2nd to last. The ACC should not be penalized for having a large number of good teams. Even Wake Forest (the worst of the ACC) played very well in the ACC Tourney, hanging with Duke. The MVC should not be rewarded for beating up on Illinois State and Indiana State.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:55 pm

jzfran wrote:sorry Ironman...

The ACC is a far superior conference than the Missouri Valley (NOTE: I'm not saying the MVC is bad, I'm just saying the ACC is much better). The fact that these conferences got the same number of bids is ridiculous. Put 10 of the MVC teamas into the AC and they would be in last or 2nd to last. The ACC should not be penalized for having a large number of good teams. Even Wake Forest (the worst of the ACC) played very well in the ACC Tourney, hanging with Duke. The MVC should not be rewarded for beating up on Illinois State and Indiana State.

Maybe you should take a look at the RPI rankings. :^
http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk