NCAAB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAAB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:06 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Iowa, Iowa St., or N. Iowa ;-D :-D

I second that, but sadly it looks like the Hawkeyes may be the only one dancing. UNI has a chance but really shot themselves in the foot with those losses at the end of the season. Plus the Valley has a crapload of teams that could get a bid (Wichita State, Bradley, UNI).
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:16 pm

ironman wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Iowa, Iowa St., or N. Iowa ;-D :-D

I second that, but sadly it looks like the Hawkeyes may be the only one dancing. UNI has a chance but really shot themselves in the foot with those losses at the end of the season. Plus the Valley has a crapload of teams that could get a bid (Wichita State, Bradley, UNI).

Wow, I just looked at ESPN's latest installment of Bracketology and they've got Southern Illinois, Wichita State, Bradley, Northern Iowa and Missouri State in the tourney. 5 bids for the Valley seems a big ambitious to me but the good RPI's are definitely there.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:19 pm

The MVC deserves 5 but chances are they get shorted for a team from a bigger conference. Creighton had a shot too but I think they came up short.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby jzfran » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:41 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The MVC deserves 5 but chances are they get shorted for a team from a bigger conference. Creighton had a shot too but I think they came up short.

Ditto. The Tourney comittee is going to give preference to the bigtime teams with big fan bases. Northern Iowa, Creighton probably wont be in. I bet 2 teams come out of that conference, maybe 3.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:46 pm

jzfran wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:The MVC deserves 5 but chances are they get shorted for a team from a bigger conference. Creighton had a shot too but I think they came up short.

Ditto. The Tourney comittee is going to give preference to the bigtime teams with big fan bases. Northern Iowa, Creighton probably wont be in. I bet 2 teams come out of that conference, maybe 3.

Yeah, last year the selection committee was headed up by Iowa AD and former Northern Iowa AD Bob Bowlsby. I think that sort of helped the Panthers get in. This year he's not in it. I also just noticed that current bubble team George Mason's AD is on the committee. :-? I wonder if they'll somehow squeak in despite being without their star player for the first round game.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm

jzfran wrote:

Well SIUC is already in and Wichita State seems a lock to me. I think Bradley, Northern Iowa and Missouri State should all get in too but I'm guessing one or more gets screwed.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby j24jags » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:37 pm

wow md is going nowhere, most of u chose either with ur hearts rather than ur heads or just dont know about college bball. texas uconn nova and iowa are just about the only 3 teams named who i think have a legit shot at the elite 8. ohio state will be great in the tourny, but in the end it will be uconn IMO
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:04 pm

I'll be rooting for Kansas this year. B-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:06 pm

j24jags wrote:wow md is going nowhere, most of u chose either with ur hearts rather than ur heads or just dont know about college bball.

I said I liked them but I know they're going nowhere.
Someone else said they were a MD fan too but UConn would win.
acs said his girlfriend was a MD fan.

When did anyone make claims that MD would do good in the tourney, or even get in?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
jzfran wrote:

Well SIUC is already in and Wichita State seems a lock to me. I think Bradley, Northern Iowa and Missouri State should all get in too but I'm guessing one or more gets screwed.

I'm guessing from the MVC that it's SIU, Wichita St, Bradley and UNI. I think UNI's win over MST in the tournament and the fact they beat a couple top 25 teams is what gives them the nod. It'll be interesting to see though and that's certainly one of the more interesting stories come sunday.

I'm also really interested to see which Iowa and UNC teams show up in the tournament. Both could be sleeper final 4 picks.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk