NCAAB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NCAAB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jzfran » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm a diehard Uconn fan and if they play their A game (ex: Nova-the 2nd time this year), they can beat anybody. If they play badly (ex: USF, Louisville), then I would say Duke.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:00 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:Texas will cruise

I think they will do very well...

Nova should cruise too.

I really hope BC can pull it together this year...we have done nothing but dissapoint come March.

BC beats all the bad teams but ALWAYS loses to the good ones....1-5 against ranked teams this year. Becuase of their inability to stay in games against quality teams, I really don't think they'll make it very far in the tourney.

Ya, i dont get it...BC just cant play big....I think that how they do in the ACC tourny will give a good preview to how they do in the NCAA;s.

But to end a bad run against ranked teams...you need to win eventually. Hopefully BC will this year
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:09 pm

I honestly don't know who I think is going to win, but I expect big things out of the Nevada Wolf Pack. They're streaking at the right time. Also, sorry to see Stanford play so poorly this year. Trent Johnson used to be the coach here at Nevada and he's a real class act.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm

Duke = No chance.

Nova or UConn this year.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:19 pm

I'll be rooting for the Illini, but I think UConn will be very hard to beat.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:26 pm

My girlfriend loves Maryland she'll be sad if they don't make it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:My girlfriend loves Maryland she'll be sad if they don't make it

Your girlfriend rocks. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 pm

jzfran wrote:I'm a diehard Uconn fan and if they play their A game (ex: Nova-the 2nd time this year), they can beat anybody. If they play badly (ex: USF, Louisville), then I would say Duke.

duke is soft... they lost their last two games at home.. i dont see them making it past elite 8

Uconn is the same every year, young and inconsistant but tend to make it far and are very likely to go all the way.. wish i was able to catch more games this year
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:17 pm

RyanK wrote:
jzfran wrote:I'm a diehard Uconn fan and if they play their A game (ex: Nova-the 2nd time this year), they can beat anybody. If they play badly (ex: USF, Louisville), then I would say Duke.

duke is soft... they lost their last two games at home.. i dont see them making it past elite 8

Uconn is the same every year, young and inconsistant but tend to make it far and are very likely to go all the way.. wish i was able to catch more games this year

Duke lost at FSU not at home. ;-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 am

luckygehrig wrote:I honestly don't know who I think is going to win, but I expect big things out of the Nevada Wolf Pack. They're streaking at the right time. Also, sorry to see Stanford play so poorly this year. Trent Johnson used to be the coach here at Nevada and he's a real class act.

As much as I like Trent, he's really a step down from montgomery (our former coach) IMO. He's teams have started very slow both years he's been their, he doesn't seem to use his personnel in the best ways, their defense (especially man to man) has been mediocre, while with monty one of our trademarks was lockdown man-to-man D. His offense also doesn't fit very well with the style of players we get at Stanford. Now granted, these aren't his recruits, not really his team, and he seems to be recruiting more in his direction, moving towards a faster paced more athletic style of play. Hopefully next year with the Lopez twins coming in, he can put together a team along the lines of what he was supposed to do.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk