How can I improve? leave link - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How can I improve? leave link

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I improve? leave link

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:22 pm

heya all. 9 team nonkeeper roto.

Runs, Hits, Triples, Homers, RBI, SB, Avg.
C- Mauer
1B- Tracy (Fielder)
2B- Utley
3B- Chavez (Rolen)
SS- Young
OF- Crawford Sizemore Holliday (Francoeur)
Util- Hafner

Wins, CG, Saves, Stikeouts, ERA
SP- Pettitte, Burnett, Myers, Lowry, Blanton (Young)
RP- Hoffman, Benitez

It was my first live draft... i have arguably the best at 3 positions (2B, SS, Util) yet clearly my team has holes. live and learn i guess.

Not a lot of bench space (the commish thinks it will make using the WW more interesting. i think he's nuts.) I'd like to upgrade for another quality starter. aside from Burnett and Pettitte (and their inherent injury risks) the youth on my roster worries me. It has been suggested that I trade Rolen for a SP (a Hudson owner is in need of a 3B).

I dont have many trading chips here and am looking for some advice. Do I play Rolen while Chavez has his annual late start, or do i trade rolen now, unproven? Should i skip the pitching help and try to upgrade my power? with such batter-friendly scoring, do i need another closer?

I appreciat any advice you have... leave a link to your post and i'll return the favor.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdcfsu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:26 pm

Well, it's better to trade before the season starts and risk them not producing once it does. On the same note I'd probably take a Rollin for Hudson trade.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
jdcfsu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thunder_stick7 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:33 pm

yeah, id definitely try to trad Rollen for a starting pitcher. See if you can get something a little better for Rollen, which im not guaranting. You either want a big power guy, or a number one starter, though your not that bad in the power department, if young and hafner produce/improve. See what else you can find with Rollen, but if all else fails, take the Rollen-Hudson trade before someone else does.
thunder_stick7 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nmeurer80 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 pm

I'd try and keep Rolen as I think he is gonna have a big year if healthy. I like him better than Chavez at 3b (who is slowing and will not but up as many HR's and RBI's as Rolen). I know Feilder is young, but I like him better at 1B than Tracy. Also, you know Milwaukee is gonna start Feilder every day since they traded Overbay to the Blue Jays. If he can figure out pitchers early, he will put up monster numbers in that nicely evolving Milwaukee line-up. If you want an upgrade in SP, I would try and package Chad Tracy and Chris Young for a high Win, high K's pitcher and then with the extra roster spot, find another bat on the waiver wires. Good Luck!

Got any advice for my squad?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=173886
Last edited by nmeurer80 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got Two Balls On 'Em

"Marla...That little sore on the roof of your mouth that would go away if you could just quit tounging it."
nmeurer80
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrE » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 pm

I really don't see anything wrong with your starting pitching. I think your weakness is at first base. Your outfield is stacked, and you arguably have 3 quality third baseman, as Tracy may gain 3b elgibility this year...Arizona has talked about sliding him over with Glaus's departure. What that means is Chavez, Rolen, or Tracy could be used in an upgrade at your first base slot. I would probably move Chavez has he has the most value, while Rolen will be the big risk/reward guy and Tracy will likely duplicate Chavez's power numbers with slightly less RBI's but a higher BA. Tracy was huge down the stretch last year......Look for a guy weak at 3b, and deal him Chavez for a top 1baseman. You might be able to land a Sexson or Dunn for EC.

You may want to pick up a reliever, but it doesn't look like there is any room...Your starting staff should be above average, relief will be a stretch. Upgrade at 1st, and then check out what is available via relief...somone might have picked up a bunch of relievers on accident....happens all the time if they aren't participating in the live draft.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby play4awin » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:42 pm

I would trade Rolen for a RP because one of the other posts nailed it Fielder will play and tracy may be eligible at 3B so a slow starting Chavez may be countered early with Tracy and then when Chavez warms up by the all star break like he normally does you will be good. I think Rolen is to much of a risk with a bad knee and another year older and you should be able to get a quality RP. If you really want a SP you could do what MrE says and trade each Rolen and Chavez for a package of players. Chavez will get you the better 1B and you can slide tracy over to 3B and you may be able to get a lower to middle tier SP then trade Rolen for a RP.
play4awin
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby killercars » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:43 pm

nmeurer80 wrote:I'd try and keep Rolen as I think he is gonna have a big year if healthy. I like him better than Chavez at 3b (who is slowing and will not but up as many HR's and RBI's as Rolen). I know Feilder is young, but I like him better at 1B than Tracy. Also, you know Milwaukee is gonna start Feilder every day since they traded Overbay to the Blue Jays. If he can figure out pitchers early, he will put up monster numbers in that nicely evolving Milwaukee line-up. If you want an upgrade in SP, I would try and package Chad Tracy and Chris Young for a high Win, high K's pitcher and then with the extra roster spot, find another bat on the waiver wires. Good Luck!

Got any advice for my squad?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=173886

wow... agree completely... if you want to trade rolen... wait for a month or 2...

thanks for the help.
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby footballsimp » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Chavez prolly has higher stock right now than rolen. I would trade chavez for a first baseman. I dont see either tracy or Fielder putting up konerko like numbers. You need a bigger bat this year at that position.

Help me please
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=174430
footballsimp
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redefine9d » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Only thing I can really say is to maybe improve on 1B and closers, that's about the only thing I see.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dimewylde » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:23 pm

I agree...if you can find a package deal where you can pick up a 1st basemen with power and maybe a closer then your team will be very balanced. Your offense is pretty nice, but you might need another big power guy to compete in homers (Dunn, Sexson). Your SP's should hold up...your young guys have a lot of potential. Use either Chavez or Rolen (i see them as about equal this year) for trade bait and see what you can find.
dimewylde
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team