Pedro might miss opening start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pedro might miss opening start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pedro might miss opening start

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:03 am

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... league=mlb

I'm going to bump him and Prior down my list. I think I can get some good hitting where I would normally take Pedro or Prior and pick up some decent pitching options later.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:09 pm

Not sure Prior should be too much of a worry, as he'll be fine once the year gets started.

I'm staying away from Pedro this year. He's toe is bothering him, they don't think it will get better, his shoulder is always a question mark... not someone I want to spend a top 4 round pick on.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:38 pm

Geez, I picked Pedro up in the offseason. This is not sounding good at all.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Pedro might miss opening start

Postby PinotResa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:30 pm

chadlincoln wrote:http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... league=mlb

I'm going to bump him and Prior down my list. I think I can get some good hitting where I would normally take Pedro or Prior and pick up some decent pitching options later.

Why bump Prior?

Mar. 5, 2006 - 11:08 pm et

Mark Prior threw about 52 pitches in a bullpen session today. He's due to face hitters for the first time on Wednesday.
"I feel good," Prior said. "I like the way we've progressed and built it up. It's more volume to build up arm strength and then start getting into the other pitches. In the past, I've gone through my fastball bullpens and then I start mixing in breaking balls. I like the way we're going about it and I like the way I'm throwing the ball." We'd like it if he could have a fairly normal spring one of these years.
Source: Cubs.mlb.com
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby boyz35 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 pm

oops
Last edited by boyz35 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boyz35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby boyz35 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:27 pm

sorry - mistake
boyz35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mushman05 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:23 am

here's what cbs sportsline is reporting, but then again their info is generally far from reliable:

Mets ace Pedro Martinez, nursing a sore toe, played long toss for 20 minutes on Monday. "Everything went fine. I'll pitch from the mound on Wednesday and hopefully work on location and sink the ball a little bit," he said.
(Updated 03/06/2006).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
Martinez feels confident his toe will not delay his start with the Mets this year. The real worry, of course, is the pain in Martinez's toe could make alter his delivery and possibly hurt his arm. Regardless of the drama, consider Martinez one of the top 10 Fantasy pitchers on Draft Day. In CBS SportsLine.com's NL-only experts 5x5 Rotisserie draft, he was taken with the first pick of the second round (13th overall). This slow start to the spring just might keep his arm fresher deeper into the season.
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:24 pm

If I am not mistaken, didn't he pitch all of last season with this injury to his toe? The guy takes the ball and gets outs. He was pitching at 86-88 MPH last season I believe and still got guys out.

Every year, you hear about Pedro is injured everywhere and he goes out and performs. I can see why you steer clear of him, but if there is one pitcher who you overlook or minimize injury concerns from a fantasy perspective it has got to be Pedro. I am not a fan of him at all, but the guy is good and consistent.

In the last 4 years, has he ever really been healthy?
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:25 pm

not loving him right now :-[

Good thing I drafted RJ just in case
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers