MLB video games... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MLB video games...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:33 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:Me and my friend rented 06 the show, and the game is very similar to MVP.


I dunno .. the game would be good if that was the case. ;-)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:14 pm

I was looking for a baseball game for my PS2 the other day. I wanted the EA version but I didn't see one. Is that MVP? I'm not too familiar with the baseball franchise part of EA. Some of the other games looked pretty crappy. I saw a commercial for '06 The Show, and I wasn't too impressed with the graphics even in the commercial. Any suggestions for a game this season?
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1633
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nevada

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:16 pm

luckygehrig wrote:I was looking for a baseball game for my PS2 the other day. I wanted the EA version but I didn't see one. Is that MVP? I'm not too familiar with the baseball franchise part of EA. Some of the other games looked pretty crappy. I saw a commercial for '06 The Show, and I wasn't too impressed with the graphics even in the commercial. Any suggestions for a game this season?


If you like graphics then you're screwed. Your only options are The Show and 2k6...2k6 has the worst graphics, the players look like boxes.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:21 pm

Phatferd wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I was looking for a baseball game for my PS2 the other day. I wanted the EA version but I didn't see one. Is that MVP? I'm not too familiar with the baseball franchise part of EA. Some of the other games looked pretty crappy. I saw a commercial for '06 The Show, and I wasn't too impressed with the graphics even in the commercial. Any suggestions for a game this season?


If you like graphics then you're screwed. Your only options are The Show and 2k6...2k6 has the worst graphics, the players look like boxes.

Yeah. I think that looked like it was about the only options though. Any idea why EA doesn't have one this year?
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1633
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nevada

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:25 pm

luckygehrig wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I was looking for a baseball game for my PS2 the other day. I wanted the EA version but I didn't see one. Is that MVP? I'm not too familiar with the baseball franchise part of EA. Some of the other games looked pretty crappy. I saw a commercial for '06 The Show, and I wasn't too impressed with the graphics even in the commercial. Any suggestions for a game this season?


If you like graphics then you're screwed. Your only options are The Show and 2k6...2k6 has the worst graphics, the players look like boxes.

Yeah. I think that looked like it was about the only options though. Any idea why EA doesn't have one this year?


Well they don't make college games for the PC and their major league rights got bought out by another company
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Half Massed » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm

Zito is God wrote:In terms of PC games, I don't like them too much, heres why:

1.Systems have the confort factor. No need to sit in front of a comp scrunched over frantically. You can lay around on tghe couch with your controller and relax.

2. Ps2 breakdowns? How about PC breakdowns that happen 10 times more often. If your comp breaks down because of the virus not related in any way to the game you can't play the game anymore. :-t

3. Comp specs for games are way too complicated now. Most new games require you to buy new PCs ever 1 1/2 to 2 years, I personally have money to buy a new one every 5-6 years or so (maybe not even that). When the new Elder scrolls: oblivion game comes out (best game in existance btw) check out it's specs, I think 75% of the comps in the US will not be able to run the game properly.I don't want to pay extra money for new graphic cards and new sound cards just to play a game, once you get an XBOX, no upgrades, your set!

4. Games on systems are convieniet with no installation, or memmory problems or anything of that sort. Tjrow it in the tray and play, thats it.


PC games have better graphics, but the Xbox 360 has roughly the same graphics as a comp that wasn't bought in the past year. except for graphics I can't see logical reasons as to why I would ever buy PC games, just relax on your couch and play instead of stuggling to buy new graphic cards, sound cards, gamepads (that don't work with your comp half the time), as well as without sturggling to always have to be sitting up with a scrunched over back and eyes glarring at the comp.


I disagree with most of this. I've never had any kind of non-hand held system, so I'm not an expert on both, but...

1. If you buy a controller, this negates out a great deal. A lot more games can use a controller or joystick than you would think. Those that can't are generally games that are too complicated to work well on a system anyway.

2. I've had my computer for 4 years and it's broken down once, and that was solely the graphics card. It depends on how well you know how to protect it. I've got good spyware and virus protection, so that's never been a problem for me. Also, it's usually easier to fix a computer than a system if it breaks.

3. I agree with this for the most part. I've stayed away from the really computer-hogging games, but most of them work on my 4 year old computer, and I've only updated the graphics card once. It does annoy me about that though. Half Life 2, for example, takes a little longer to load than it should and the sounds a bit off. I don't know if that's because I bought it used, or because of my old computer. Most likely my computer. It's a trade really. If you want the best graphics and depth of play, you've got to upgrade. Of course, you could follow my path and say F-that, I'll make do. :-D

4. True I suppose, but that's kind of picky. Most games nowadays don't take that long to install, and once it's installed, it's the same as system with just throwing the disc in.

A lot depends on the game. Some games are better for computer, some for systems, and some are pretty interchangable.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:02 pm

I think PC Games are way better...but latley I've not enjoyed sitting in a room by myself after work and playing games.


So I bought a gamecube...nothing like Mariotennis, Kart, or golf to cheer you up after a day at the office ;-D

Anyways I'll buy the baseball game that comes out on Gamecube this year ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:25 pm

I can't wait to see what 2K6 is like on the 360. It looks pretty good from the previews anyways... anyone know what day its out? I've heard this month and next month. :-[
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4003
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact