MLB video games... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MLB video games...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:14 pm

Zito is God wrote:Hands down the best baseball game ever created was Ken griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (98?) for N64. I have like put 500+ hours into that game in my younger days.

500+ hours...that's weak. When I was like 9 I would play Ken Griffey Baseball for days on days...In the summer I would sometimes play from like 8am-midnight.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:16 pm

In terms of PC games, I don't like them too much, heres why:

1.Systems have the confort factor. No need to sit in front of a comp scrunched over frantically. You can lay around on tghe couch with your controller and relax.

2. Ps2 breakdowns? How about PC breakdowns that happen 10 times more often. If your comp breaks down because of the virus not related in any way to the game you can't play the game anymore. :-t

3. Comp specs for games are way too complicated now. Most new games require you to buy new PCs ever 1 1/2 to 2 years, I personally have money to buy a new one every 5-6 years or so (maybe not even that). When the new Elder scrolls: oblivion game comes out (best game in existance btw) check out it's specs, I think 75% of the comps in the US will not be able to run the game properly.I don't want to pay extra money for new graphic cards and new sound cards just to play a game, once you get an XBOX, no upgrades, your set!

4. Games on systems are convieniet with no installation, or memmory problems or anything of that sort. Tjrow it in the tray and play, thats it.

PC games have better graphics, but the Xbox 360 has roughly the same graphics as a comp that wasn't bought in the past year. except for graphics I can't see logical reasons as to why I would ever buy PC games, just relax on your couch and play instead of stuggling to buy new graphic cards, sound cards, gamepads (that don't work with your comp half the time), as well as without sturggling to always have to be sitting up with a scrunched over back and eyes glarring at the comp.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Coppermine wrote:Guys, Bases Loaded on NES was the best baseball video game ever.

I dominated with New Jersey.

I always played with Detroit. New Jersey was pretty good though, They had that dude named Paste who had like 60 HR's.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:47 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Guys, Bases Loaded on NES was the best baseball video game ever.

Nice work ;-D
Nothing beat RBI baseball. ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 pm

I was really bummed that MVP couldn't continue the MLB game but I could have dealt with the NCAA one. Then they don't make it compatible for 360. They didn't even make last years MVP compatible, but All Star Baseball 2003 is. :-? Man was I pissed. :-P

I really want a baseball game for this season but I don't know if I can settle for the crap they're putting out this year. I might have to wait until EA's NCAA MVP comes to 360. :-t
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:03 pm

Me and my friend rented 06 the show, and the game is very similar to MVP.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Biguns » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:52 pm

first game you could charge the mound, easily the best of its time
Biguns
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:06 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Hands down the best baseball game ever created was Ken griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (98?) for N64. I have like put 500+ hours into that game in my younger days.

500+ hours...that's weak. When I was like 9 I would play Ken Griffey Baseball for days on days...In the summer I would sometimes play from like 8am-midnight.

that was me too ;-D
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Anyone played MLB '06: The Show yet? Looks like a pretty good game... I'm trying to decide whether I should buy it or just wait a couple more weeks til 2K6 comes out for PS2. Any suggestions?
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BGbootha » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:30 am

DevilDriver wrote:Anyone played MLB '06: The Show yet? Looks like a pretty good game... I'm trying to decide whether I should buy it or just wait a couple more weeks til 2K6 comes out for PS2. Any suggestions?

haven't played it, it looks good and I have heard good things about it, but the problem is that its not available for my xbox!!!!! Man thats what started this whole thing.

Looks like I will just ahve to deal with NCAA, haven't played it yet, but here great things about it.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk