Just finished my keeper draft...how did I do? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just finished my keeper draft...how did I do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just finished my keeper draft...how did I do? WHIR

Postby speedy27 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:12 pm

12 team 7x7 H2H keeper league (10 keepers) added TB and OBP and IP and Holds...we start 5 SP's and 5 RP's. we also have a Minor League roster to stash away players.

Here's my active roster: (my 2006 keepers in Bold)

C-J.Lopez
1st-P.Konerko
2nd-M.Loretta
3rd-A.Beltre
SS-R.Furcal
OF-V.Guerrero, B.Bonds and C.Crawford
UTI-R.Sexson
SP-R.Johnson, J.Schmidt, R.Halladay, J.Vazquez and D.Davis
RP-T.Gordon, C.Ray, R.Dempster, A.Rhodes, D.Sanchez

BEN- R.Howard-1B (minor league keeper), P.Polanco-2B, J.Damon-OF, J.Guillen-OF, K.Escobar-SP, J.Marquis-SP

Minor League roster:

Howie Kendrick-2B, Dan Uggla-2B, Eric Duncan-3B, Erick Aybar-SS, Joey Gathright-OF, Chris B. Young-OF, Chad Billingsley-SP, Joel Zumaya-SP, Edwin Jackson-SP, Mike Pelfrey-SP, Adam Loewen-SP, Greg Miller-SP, Jonathan Broxton-RP, Joey Devine-RP, Todd Coffey-RP

what are your like/dislikes about my team in general? If anything, what should I look to improve on?

Thanks ;-D
Last edited by speedy27 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DC nats05 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:45 pm

I think your team is pretty solid. I love the hitting, the only question mark is Bonds. The IF is solid, and the OF is amazing! Sexson is a really good util as well. You also have a stacked bench with Howard, Damon, Guillen, and Polanco is a good backup to Loretta. I would try to package Konerko or Sexson and Beltre for an upgrade at 3rd. I think you should trade away Bonds so Damon can start, and you always have Guillen on the bench. You also should make room for Howard in the starting lineup. Your Sp's are really good, and Escobar is nice to have on your bench. For RP's, you could have one more, but I would wait to see which closer breaks out, then pick him up. Really great team overall ;-D
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby j24jags » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:08 am

DC nats05 wrote:I think your team is pretty solid. I love the hitting, the only question mark is Bonds. The IF is solid, and the OF is amazing! Sexson is a really good util as well. You also have a stacked bench with Howard, Damon, Guillen, and Polanco is a good backup to Loretta. I would try to package Konerko or Sexson and Beltre for an upgrade at 3rd. I think you should trade away Bonds so Damon can start, and you always have Guillen on the bench. You also should make room for Howard in the starting lineup. Your Sp's are really good, and Escobar is nice to have on your bench. For RP's, you could have one more, but I would wait to see which closer breaks out, then pick him up. Really great team overall ;-D

agreed SICK OF, already got steals covered w/ Crawford and Furcal. 3 sick Sps. looks great

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=173872
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdcfsu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:50 pm

I agree with using Bonds as bait. My question is C. Ray from the Orioles. What exactly does he bring to the team?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
jdcfsu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby speedy27 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:06 pm

jdcfsu wrote:I agree with using Bonds as bait. My question is C. Ray from the Orioles. What exactly does he bring to the team?

he's the projected starting closer for them right now...

i figure once the season starts and Bonds hits a few dingers his stock will go up! I'll certainly try and trade him before the deadline this season for something. I'm kinda worried at my SS and 3B position right now as Furcal is nursing an injury and Beltre has to prove he can hit once again for power (post steroids :-o ).

Thanks for the suggestions ;-D

anyone else?
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby speedy27 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:43 pm

bump
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jdcfsu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:28 pm

I think you're gambeling with Ray but it could pay off for you. As for your infield, you're right. Frucal is a decient guy so long as he can pull that average over 275. And this might be a stupid question but what is WHIR?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
jdcfsu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby so0perspam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:39 pm

I'd look at punting saves all together and filling your RP slots with double-eligible players like Schilling and Sosa since IP is a category. I'd also start Escobar at RP. Definitely look to deal an OF like Bonds or Guillen to upgrade at 2B and 3B. The SP are also too risky for my taste (RJ, Schmidt, Vazquez). I'd look to move one of them for a more solid and reliable starter. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby speedy27 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:24 pm

so0perspam wrote:I'd look at punting saves all together and filling your RP slots with double-eligible players like Schilling and Sosa since IP is a category. I'd also start Escobar at RP. Definitely look to deal an OF like Bonds or Guillen to upgrade at 2B and 3B. The SP are also too risky for my taste (RJ, Schmidt, Vazquez). I'd look to move one of them for a more solid and reliable starter. ;-D

I too was hoping to grab some swingmen but they all went pretty early in the draft. Are there any other good ones out there after Schilling, Sosa, Heilman, Wood? Unfortunantly Escobar isn't eligible at RP in our league as he only pitched in 9 games there (10 required). Thanks for the thoughts though!
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballsimp » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:51 pm

Great team. any team with Damon on the bench is sweet. maybe trade one of those OF's. I think you can sleep a little better now with Beltre's performance on Tuesday against some solid pitching. I think he will bounce back

Please help me out
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=174430
footballsimp
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team