Yadier Molina Fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Yadier Molina Fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yadier Molina Fans

Postby #1Cards_Fan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:59 pm

Yadier Molina is amazing. He throws harder than pretty much every pitcher, and more accurately too. He's got power potential, and he's young. His first Gold Glove could be coming this year. I predict that his best season stats will be something like: Avg .305/HR 33/RBI 105
The Next Jim Edmonds!
#1Cards_Fan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:58 am

Hard to say since he is still so young but I don't think he will ever develop 30 HR power.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby thebalcobomber » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:13 pm

.281/18hr/75RBI isn't too much to expect, I don't think. No 30 HR power, though. Remember, he is a Molina..... ;-)
When there's a fork in the road....TAKE IT! (Yogi Berra)
thebalcobomber
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby #1Cards_Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:50 pm

You've got to remember that he Pujols is teaching him how to hit though. So with that in mind, just about anything is possible.. I hope.
The Next Jim Edmonds!
#1Cards_Fan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:56 pm

#1Cards_Fan wrote:You've got to remember that he Pujols is teaching him how to hit though. So with that in mind, just about anything is possible.. I hope.

pujols also worked out with matheny.

i think yadi's peak offensive numbers will look something his brother bengie's peak years. pretty similar to the line balco bomber posted.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby thebalcobomber » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:05 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
#1Cards_Fan wrote:You've got to remember that he Pujols is teaching him how to hit though. So with that in mind, just about anything is possible.. I hope.

i think yadi's peak offensive numbers will look something his brother bengie's peak years. pretty similar to the line balco bomber posted.

Matheny is pretty untalented as a hitter, and Pujols made him at least a passable hitter. I'd say that Molina has much more hitting talent than Matheny and if Pujols is working with him, I think Yadi will have a pretty solid career. Keep in mind, he's stellar defensively.
When there's a fork in the road....TAKE IT! (Yogi Berra)
thebalcobomber
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby #1Cards_Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:09 pm

thebalcobomber wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:

Matheny is pretty untalented as a hitter, and Pujols made him at least a passable hitter. I'd say that Molina has much more hitting talent than Matheny and if Pujols is working with him, I think Yadi will have a pretty solid career. Keep in mind, he's stellar defensively.

THANK YOU!!! And do you guys think that Yadi's first Gold Glove comes this year? Or do you think he's got another year or two? I think it's coming this year, personally.
The Next Jim Edmonds!
#1Cards_Fan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:55 am

#1Cards_Fan wrote:THANK YOU!!! And do you guys think that Yadi's first Gold Glove comes this year? Or do you think he's got another year or two? I think it's coming this year, personally.
Hard to say since GG awards are basically popularity contests. I thought Yadi was better than Matheny last year. Schneider and Ausmus will be in the running too.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby JTWood » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:10 am

Molina will win GGs, but not for a few years when he's proved himself as being one of the best in the game.

As for Yadi's hitting, if we ever got .280/20/90 out of him, I would be ecstatic. I think that's stretching it, though. I would bet that an average, mature Yadi hits .270s/teens/60-70 every year. Couple that with his fantastic arm, and you have one of the most underrated players in baseball (from a non-fantasy standpoint).
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:24 am

thebalcobomber wrote:

pujols didnt do anything for matheny. thats the point. working out with pujols isnt exactly going to teach you how to hit frozen ropes.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to St. Louis Cardinals