Pitching Probems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Pitching Probems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitching Probems

Postby Sapman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 am

Playing in a 16team h2h keepers league. Draft was some days ago. From what I see I have poor Starters for sure! Since there are no decent FA options (The top on FA are Loe and Wells) I think Ill be in trouble. What you all think? Other than that is trading Vmart for a top SP a good idea at this point?

C- VMart
1B - Kotchman
2B - Soriano
3B - Polanco
SS - F. Lopez
RF - Berkman
CF - Drew
LF - C. Lee
Utl - Posada
BN - J. Jones
BN - Youkilis
BN - A. Hill
BN - J. Michaels

SP - CZam
SP - Smoltz
SP - Mussina
SP - Moyer
RP - Cordero
RP - Wickman
RP - Madson
P - Heilman
P - Ja. Johnson
P - Rusch
BN - D. Bush

Others on FA:
Redman
Helling
Francis
Milton
Thompson
Maholm
Pavano
Ra. Ortiz ...

Thanks for the time :-)
SAP
Sapman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby 123inningplz » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:21 am

John Thompson's the only one on that list worth considering. Maybe Maholm, but he's a rookie.

Personally, I'd rather trade Soriano before VMart, b/c his numbers will go down in Washington (and Jose Guillen just busted his wrist, so that's one less decent hitter to "protect" Soriano or for him to drive in). But VMart is in a class by himself, so you'd definitely get your money's worth for him. I'd trade VMart.

Help me out? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=173419
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:40 pm

Definitely some issues on offense. I really don't like Kotchman or Polanco as your starting corner infielders. Way too many guys that will outproduce them at those positions. I don't like Soriano playing at RFK this season. I think his numbers will definitely go down significantly. OF looks decent. You could probably afford to deal Posada, and in a 16 team league, someone has to be in need of a solid C. SP looks OK. I like Zambrano and Smoltz as your 1-2. Moose can be solid but his elbow has caused problems the last few years. Moyer is old and will inflate your ERA and WHIP. RP looks decent with Cordero and Wickman. I don't see why you have Madson. He's not closing and his numbers weren't good enough last year to warrant picking him up for ERA/WHIP help. The rest of your pitchers don't look to be too great. This team doesn't look it's going to do much this year. I've never played in a 16 team league before, so maybe every team is this diluted, but you don't seem to have an abundance of anything except C.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team