Justin Verlander....how long for the wait? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Justin Verlander....how long for the wait?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Verlander....how long for the wait?

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:12 am

I have seen him as high as a number two prospect. I was wondering if/when this guy might get into the rotation. His numbers up to the Majors were SICK.

Yr TM ERA IP K/BB WHIP
05 A 1.67 86 104/19 1.035
05 AA 0.00 15 18/3 .533
05 AA 0.87 41 38/7 .605
05 Det 7.15 11 7/5 1.765

Talk about moving fast all in 05. I am hoping that he can pan out since I got him and Delmon Young in my keeper league. Anyone have any thoughts on this guy?

I also apologise if a post already exist on this guy but I couldnt find through the search. Thanks for any input or thoughts.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:17 pm

The way the Tigers rush young pitchers he should be in the rotation by mid season. Lat I knew Colon was listed as the fifth starter. That expierement may not last long. And no need for a fifth starter early in the season with many days off early.Probably starts in the minors to get work in . Don't be to hopeful for good numbers this year. He got beat up pretty good last year in a couple of starts.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 193)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 pm

At the present time, all indications seem to be that Verlander is the favorite to be the #5 starter at the beginning of the season. Roman Colon has a good shot at it as well. Zumaya is unlikely to get it, but he'll be making his bid too. Leyland and the papers are saying Jason Grilli is in the mix too, but I think those rumors will be negated when they see him pitch more.

Contrary to many Tiger fans, I'd like to see Colon get the job if he pitches well in ST. He has the stuff to be a pretty decent starter, but the results have been a bit spotty so far. Let Verlander and Zumaya mow down AAA hitters for a while to get a little more seasoning.

If they go Colon or Verlander, it's an upgrade over Sean Douglass and a hurt Wil Ledezma, our #5 starters from last year.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers