is RP as boring as I think it is this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

is RP as boring as I think it is this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is RP as boring as I think it is this year?

Postby Iconoclastic » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:26 am

Other than Rafael Soriano and the Fernando brothers (Rodney and Cabrera) are there any sleeper RP I should be getting excited about? Guys like Coffey and Devine have some potential, but nothing dominant.

Rankings for top 40

M Rivera-K Farnsworth
J Nathan
B Lidge
Billy Wagner
F Rodriguez-S Shields
BJ Ryan
H Street-J Duchscherererere
Chad Cordero

Isringhausen-B Looper
Hoffman-S Linebrink
E Guardado
E Gagne-D Baez
D Turnbow
F Cordero
J Valverde
A Benitez-Tyler Walker
B Jenks-D Hermanson
T Gordon
B Fuentes
T Jones-F Rodney
K Foulke

M Gonzalez
Chris Ray
R Dempster
B Wickman
C Reitsma
Mike MacDougal
D Baez
S Shields
Dustin Hermanson
S Linebrink
Chad Orvella
F Rodney
D Weathers
Justin Duchs...eh screw it
B Howry
Fernando Cabrera
R Betancourt
K Farnsworth
Branden Looper

I usually try to get the backup to my closer if the backup is any good or if there's a good chance they'll have lots of save opportunities in order to hedge risk. Some like Shields and Linebrink are so good you don't even need to have their closer on your roster to draft them.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dewey finn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:26 am

Borowski/Bowyer

I have Bowyer in a deeper league just in case.
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:57 am

There are a lot of good young arms on the Braves this year. For one, I think you underrate Devine's ability. Also, Oscar Villareal has looked good in ST thus far and is a decent bet to return to his 2003 form. he's got an outside shot at the closer role. Blaine Boyer and Macay McBride should also be good sources of K/IP with good ratios.

That said, all of these guys are pretty young and none have proven track records (unless you count Villareal's brilliant 2003, during which he was severely overworked). Still, Devine is a very good buy in a late round of most leagues, as he could easily end up closing for the Braves. Villareal is a good guy to watch for the same reason and a decent add in deep leagues.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby klvrdude » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:13 am

I havent' completed my personal RP ranking, but I do have three comments:

1. I agree there are less "unknowns" this year, but I think Rafeal Soriano is a good one that I plan on targeting.

2. I think Benitez is being undervalued. Assuming he's recovered from last year's leg injury and the potential increase in SV opp the Giants could get this year with an improved staff could spell big pay-off.

3. The best RP work is not done on draft day, but in the first few weeks of WW work ;-7
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WittyC » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:05 am

klvrdude wrote:I havent' completed my personal RP ranking, but I do have three comments:

1. I agree there are less "unknowns" this year, but I think Rafeal Soriano is a good one that I plan on targeting.

2. I think Benitez is being undervalued. Assuming he's recovered from last year's leg injury and the potential increase in SV opp the Giants could get this year with an improved staff could spell big pay-off.

3. The best RP work is not done on draft day, but in the first few weeks of WW work ;-7

I'm not sure why that is ;-7 , because I really believe that. I hate drafting closers, but I'll usually grab at least one in the middle rounds. Then grab guys like Bowyer or Devine late and watch the situation carefully. Plus there's really nothing better than seeing someone's closer go down and grabbing the backup before they get there. :-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:21 pm

Wish that worked in our league but since we went to deeper rosters and weekly lineups its really hard to find closers in waiting sitting on the FA list.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers