NEED Keeper League Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

NEED Keeper League Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NEED Keeper League Players

Postby mogrod » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:07 pm

My brother, father-in-law and I are trying to put together a good keeper league for baseball.

We have 8 teams total so far, but we would like to get anywhere from 12-20 teams all together. Of course, depending on how many join, factors into if we only do one league (AL or NL) or combined.

It will probably be a Rotisserie league but we have not got as far enough along to lay down a set of rules or anything so far. Just trying to get members right now. We will set it up to be an online draft no matter what type of draft it will become, though it will more than likely be an auction.

Probably looking at running it through CBS Sportsline's site. It will be at most probably $13 per team with cash prizes given to the top 3 or so teams each season.

We want reliable, available players who are not TOO competitive. I mean, we want people to try go all out to win, but at least be able to have a little fun with it and the other members as well. We want people who will be active enough to at least look over and give a curteous response to any trade offer.

We are currently discussing rules that would allow you to hold onto a player or two for as long as you want. I mean, you would still have to pay a pretty penny to keep them if they are stars, but (if you feel they are cornerstones to your team for a few years), we are trying to set it up where you can keep them and build around them. We basically want to create a league where building a great team is the emphasis. You can go all out to win a championship one or two years, but you will have to pay for it by rebuilding with young prospects afterwards. Not just dumping your whole team and re-drafting another set of stars for another run. With this, we want to make a set of rules that make team owners honor contracts more.

Anyway, if you are interested in the start of (what I think) a pretty good, more strategic, realistic league; please email me at mailto:akline6@earthlink.net and I'll get back with you.

Here is a website my brother is currently working on that we may use for the league in some way. It's still under construction, but ti shows you how much we are into making this league the best possible.

http://www.geocities.com/thelongballclub/index.html

Thanks for the consideration.

EDIT: Rules now available on league website.
Last edited by mogrod on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mogrod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mogrod » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:11 pm

Hey, just wanted to bump this to get a few more eyes looking at it. We really are looking for some players.

Thanks
mogrod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby testing » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:41 pm

what you have explained to me about the league and what you intend to happen in future years sounds fun! thanks for the information and hope to have succesful years as part of the club. ;-D

to anyone else that may be interested, good group of guys (seems like) and very dedicated to making this work....this is for you if your looking for a fun keeper league. although, Im not sure how many spots are available...
testing
College Coach
College Coach

Postby testing » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:27 am

are we full on managers mogrod? 8-o :-)
testing
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mogrod » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:05 am

We could still use a couple .

We now have the league rules on the league's wbsite.
mogrod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mogrod » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:03 am

We definately have a some spots open now. Looks like we are targeting about $30 team fee and shooting for an April 1 evening draft. Also, looks like will be a NL-only league unless we get enough member to bump up to a combo league. Though, nothing is set in stone quite yet.

Check out our website http://www.geocities.com/thelongballclub/index.html

Email me if you're interested mailto:akline6@earthlink.net

ALSO, BILLY WITH THE EMAIL GRUFFER@..., I HAVE TRIED TO EMAIL YOU REGARDING THE LEAGUE BUT THEY KEEP GETTING BOUNCED BACK TO ME.
mogrod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mogrod » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:18 am

bump
mogrod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby testing » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:48 am

forgive me if Im wrong for bumping this thread again... :-?
improving.
testing
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds