In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Can't Wait, maybe he'll get to 800?!
26%
Hope he never touches Aaron's record, hows that knee holding up btw?
74%

Total votes : 198

Postby modestninja » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:44 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
Tavish wrote:
kentx12 wrote:48 to 126.. Looks like there is still alot of people who care about the integrity of the game.. ;-D Way to go people.

And 48 of us who hate the game of baseball! ;-D

Hey it's up to 49 now. ;-D

I guess I hate baseball ;-7
I'm considering putting the "25" in my sig too.

Do you have room in your sig with all the love you're giving to Prior? I wish he would just stay health and dominate like he could. But with the track record of cubs pitchers and injuries recently, I'm afraid for his arm, and legs.
modestninja
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:31 pm

Ok, I've read it all and no one from the Bonds side is really making much headway. It's tough to deal with people where their minds can't be changed. But here i go again.

First, Ruth used corked bats? Sure he did. Was it illegal to do so? I'm not for certain but I do believe the rule was made because Ruth did use corked bats which means they weren't illegal bats when he used them.

Now with regards to PAs over ABs. It was already proven that the PA/HR average went way up the Bonds supporters obviously don't think it went up high enough. So I'll throw this into the fold. With Bonds walking so much he's not swinging the bat as much. If he doesn't swing the bat he can't hit a homerun. So the AB/HR is much more telling. But in either case it still shows Bonds at the age of 35 dramatically increased his Homer rate.

Also, Every player takes amphetamines. There are ex players that say the inclusion of amphetamines in the testing is going to ruin baseball. It what keeps players going from game 120 to 162. Without them the play is really going to go down mid season.

Bud should look into the sources of this book (and i love the fact none of the Bonds supporters even try to say he didn't take steroids anymore.) and figure out what to do with Bonds BEFORE he breaks any records. It'll be pointless afterwards.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nuggets » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:16 am

Do you think Bonds used now illegal PEDs when they weren't illegal?

TheRawDAWG wrote:First, Ruth used corked bats? Sure he did. Was it illegal to do so? I'm not for certain but I do believe the rule was made because Ruth did use corked bats which means they weren't illegal bats when he used them.

PA/HR average went up... With Bonds walking so much he's not swinging the bat as much.

If one has to swing the bat so few times, can you see how it would be easier to have more strength and durability later in games and the season?

If he doesn't swing the bat he can't hit a homerun. So the AB/HR is much more telling. But in either case it still shows Bonds at the age of 35 dramatically increased his Homer rate.

Yes he increased his HR rate, just like many players at later age. Look how Aaron increasd his HR/AB at 37 years old and increased his walk rate from 35-42.

If you adjust Bonds HR, using Translated Stats, you can see Bonds' equivalent HR high is 70, 56('94) and 54('93) are second & 3rd highest. In the five seasons from 2000-2004, exluding '01, Bonds hate hit at at the basically the same equivalent rate since his first peak of HR in '94.

Ruths EqHRs are:

Code: Select all
1920 73
1921 76
1924 71
1927 77
1928 72

Ruth is still the more accomplished HR hitter. Remember that when you worry about records.

Also, Every player takes amphetamines. There are ex players that say the inclusion of amphetamines in the testing is going to ruin baseball. It what keeps players going from game 120 to 162. Without them the play is really going to go down mid season.

That's the type of logic I don't like about many Bonds bashers, you do not know that every player takes amphetamines.

Bud should look into the sources of this book (and i love the fact none of the Bonds supporters even try to say he didn't take steroids anymore.) and figure out what to do with Bonds BEFORE he breaks any records. It'll be pointless afterwards.

If you mean PEDs , I've always though he probably took something, but exactly what chemical(s), when and if they were illegal is not yet determined.
Last edited by nuggets on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:09 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Also, Every player takes amphetamines. There are ex players that say the inclusion of amphetamines in the testing is going to ruin baseball. It what keeps players going from game 120 to 162. Without them the play is really going to go down mid season.

This reasoning is really bogus. According to some of the sources, almost every player was taking steroids in the 1990s, too. Everybody's doing it cuts both ways.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers